Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lunched the crank in my ZRT and am rebuilding the motor.
I was wondering if anyone has tried the pistons for sale on ebay with the (teflon ?) coating ?
Just wondering about the quality of them.
Thanks, SDOG

·
Registered
108 Posts
What brand did they say they were.....

I rebuilt my zr700 1994 this last spring.....I ordered SPI piston kits, came with rings and had telfon coating on certain spots.... Ive had no problems with them....I think i paid 229 for both sets out the door and that was with a gasket kit also

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just rebuilt my Powder Extreme 600 and used the SPI pistons off of Ebay. Paid around $50 a piece for them and so far (200 miles) they have performed flawlessly. They came with the rings, pin and circlips only. I went to Arctic Cat and bought new needle bearings ($8 a piece) and new thrust washers ($8 a piece).

Bought them from Maximum Marketing. Excellent guys to deal with on Ebay.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I am running SPI's in my ZRT, no issues. I paid $160 Canadian locally for all three. It would have cost more after shipping if I purchased on E-bay. Nice quality. Rec supply sells many sets of these for a number of years and have never heard a complaint yet. Weird though, can't get the 800 triple with the teflon coating. Can on the 6, 9 and the 1000.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
i threw the spi coated ones in my machine paid about 55 ea for them i would buy the better needle bearings though

i just clocked 425 miles last weekend on em i didnt baby the **** either, warmed it up real good and put the new engine to work right away and it runs excellent.

dan

·
Registered
732 Posts
the ones on ebay are the teflon coated spi pistons. im running the non coated ones in my sled and havnt had a problem after the rebuild. I will be using the teflon ones for my next rebuild for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts