Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
ok so sorry if I offend anyone here but Dude thats gay as aids. But I guess its better to be pissed off than pissed on???

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
If you hadn't spent any money there previously, a LOT of them would pull that on you. Having dropped over $600 recently, you'd think the guy would want you to come back. I wouldn't cast my shadow on his door frame again, except maybe to take a leak.

Now, let me tell you about a really good place to get parts. Right here, from The ODS. Seriously. I've ordered from Dan a few times now. Unbelievable service and very good prices. Easy to do, parts show up fast. Use the ODS forum or PM him part numbers for price quotes. I get the stuff faster from him than I can from a local dealer even if they have it in stock....LOL. No chit!! Next time you need OEM anything, try ODS.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Like Jeff said if he don't appreciate your business tell him to go pound

sand...One day he may regret that snopro.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I have a dealer like that here, I bought a brand new 06 650 V-2 from him the first week he had them, when it had some issues under warranty when the brake caliper bolts fell out in the rear due to no lock tight and destroyed the caliper, rotor, brake line, caliper bracket, some how wrecked the shock by putting a hole in it. The atv was only two weeks old, he tried to make me pay for it and said a rock got in there and caused it, the damn brake lever would go to the bar and come out, It pulsated so bad durring a stop I could barley keep my hand on the brake the rotor was so bad, and he said a rock caused it, he tried to make me pay $600, he told me initially that warranty would cover it, then later that day when everything was apart he said he ordered up the parts and I ow him $600, I told him piss on it, I called my dads friend who owns a cat dealer up north, he told me exactly what to say and gave me the reasoning behind it, I went there and told them off, after they knew that I knew everything they finally fixed it under warranty. Those idiots wont even give me any information, When i blew up my 98 440 ZR I asked them what the compression should be on it, they said we cant answer that, thats what we get paid to do. Those are the exact words out of there mouth. I will now give MALONS ARCTIC CAT THE WORST NAME I POSSIBLY CAN!!! THEY OVER CHARGE FOR EVERYTHING, DONT HAVE THE SIMPLEST THINGS IN STOCK, AND THEY ARE NOT THAT PLEASANT TO TALK TO, IF YOU WALK IN THE DOORS YOU GET THE VIBE THAT THEY ARE JUST WAITING FOR YOU TO LEAVE. WHAT KIND OF DEALER CHARGES YOU $2 FOR A 2 PAGE SALES BROCHURE ON A SNOWMOBILE, THEY CHARGE $5 FOR EACH OF THE ACCESSORY CATALOGS OR $5 FOR A MODEL YEAR LINE UP CATALOG. They are the only dealer I know of that charges for that ****, oh and I forgot to mention, if you dont have a new sled you own a POS in there minds.

So I know what you mean when you talk about having a ****ty dealer, the one closest to my house sucks, So far they are the worst dealer I have ever been to in the state of MN. and I don't care if they read this.

·
Team ArcticChat
6,971 Posts
I would have probably said something to him, and wouldn't go back there. I'm with ya 100% !!! Spend your hard earned money in there and its like he has no appreciation for your prior business. Take it somewhere else.

On a different note, I went into an old hardware store near my house, that i just bought. I needed some sheet rock screws, so I told the guy was I was looking for and what I was doing, so we went over to the bin of screws, put a hand full on the scale from 1950, and filled a paper bag. I had previously told him I was new in town, and when I walked over to the counter and took out my wallet, he said "no need for that, welcome to town." You bet I'll be going back there from now on! Thats how you treat people!

Sorry you got a A* hole for an AC dealer SNOPRO!!

·
Registered
21,410 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoprosrule @ Nov 10 2009, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Alright, I have to vent here so hang on! Never in my life have I ever been treated so poorly as I was this evening in my NEW local Arctic Cat dealership. So far this month I will have spent over $600.00 in this dealership, a new liner for my sled jacket, 2 sets of handlebars, grips, and a brand new jacket for my wife. Not to mention all the misc. stuff I've bought! Ok, fine so I come in after work with the 440 engine I took out of my sled yesterday looking to just have the clutch taken off. I would have done this myself but my puller has been misplaced (Jake). It takes him all of 2 minutes to pop my clutch off , I said Thank you , I Appreciate it! AND HE SAID BY THE WAY, WE CHARGE $10.00 FOR TAKING OFF CLUTCHES. I just about **** myself, you gotta be F-ing kidding me I thought! Seriously, I understand he has a brand new building to pay for, but come on, he already complains Arctic Cat wants him to take a certain amount of sleds to sell every year, and he is mad because he doesn't think he can sell them all. Well, if they treat new and potential customers that way, it's going to be hard to sell them ANYTHING in the future! I know it's only 10 bucks, but that's not the point, I paid it,and don't know if I'm going back for a long time!!!!!!![/b]

And you wonder why dealers go out of business? The guy's is in business to do business. I understand your point, but what if he gave away all his labor? They don't have much profit margin on sled sales. Ten bucks is cheaper than a new puller and it wasn't his fault you couldn't find yours! Ya, he could have said "Thats ok, this one is on us". But he has bills to pay too! Labor is a hidden profit and loss. His lights were on, weren't they? And he is close by. Just saying!

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
I got a bearing pressed for $20 took the guy 2minutes but I wanted it done asap

Nothing wrong with them charging $10

Shop labour rate is usually $80/hr, so $10 for 5minutes is reasonnable + they could have told you wait we have other customers with sleds that need to be worked on, but they took you in right away, kudos to them and now you are whining??

Then again you are the one whining about other spost on here that nobody made a fuss about

Time to relax and smell the 2stroke smoke :)

·
Team ArcticChat
6,971 Posts
I here what your saying Freezer, but SNOPRO has spent quite a bit of money and time at this shop by the sounds of it. 10 for popping off a clutch is more the reasonable, if it was someone the guy the shop owner does very little business with, or never met before. But if your charging me retail on everything I buy, why wouldn't you say hey, glad I could help, and let me walk out the door. You know your customers will be more than satisfied, and will probably turn more business to the dealership if they leave feeling like they are getting a fair shake, or a good deal, or helped out of a jam without everything revolving around the almighty dollar.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That WAS my point, Thank You! I'm sorry to WHINE but I had already spent over $600.00 in his dealership already this MONTH! That alot of dough for me, just thought he was being overly greedy. And there was not another sled in the shop at the time, him and his hired man were just sitting by the bench having a B.S. session anyhow. I almost hate to ask him any questions, he will probably charge 5 bucks a minute. I can have alot more fun talking dirty on the phone for that kind of money.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoprosrule @ Nov 10 2009, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That WAS my point, Thank You! I'm sorry to WHINE but I had already spent over $600.00 in his dealership already this MONTH! That alot of dough for me, just thought he was being overly greedy. And there was not another sled in the shop at the time, him and his hired man were just sitting by the bench having a B.S. session anyhow. I almost hate to ask him any questions, he will probably charge 5 bucks a minute. I can have alot more fun talking dirty on the phone for that kind of money.[/b]

You're not whining at all...I agree with you on that one you're spending money at his

shop so why can't he throw that one in for you...It would be different if he had of been busy

and it would have taken longer to do...Besides you were prob going to spend more money

there but now you may not...So he loses...Greed never gets anyone anywhere IMO.

·
Registered
21,410 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RIsnoPRO83 @ Nov 10 2009, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I here what your saying Freezer, but SNOPRO has spent quite a bit of money and time at this shop by the sounds of it. 10 for popping off a clutch is more the reasonable, if it was someone the guy the shop owner does very little business with, or never met before. But if your charging me retail on everything I buy, why wouldn't you say hey, glad I could help, and let me walk out the door. You know your customers will be more than satisfied, and will probably turn more business to the dealership if they leave feeling like they are getting a fair shake, or a good deal, or helped out of a jam without everything revolving around the almighty dollar.
[/b]
And we wonder why the ecomony is in the toilet!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoprosrule @ Nov 10 2009, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That WAS my point, Thank You! I'm sorry to WHINE but I had already spent over $600.00 in his dealership already this MONTH! That alot of dough for me, just thought he was being overly greedy. And there was not another sled in the shop at the time, him and his hired man were just sitting by the bench having a B.S. session anyhow. I almost hate to ask him any questions, he will probably charge 5 bucks a minute. I can have alot more fun talking dirty on the phone for that kind of money.[/b]
I agree, $600.00 is alot to me too. But $600.00 is a fraction of his inventory!

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have no beef with anyone on here! I was just trying to express my experience and opinion about it. I'm not looking for sympathy or my money back, but so far I've been called Gay and a Whiner, WTF is up with that? I understand that there will be people who agree AND DISAGREE with me, that is what a forum is all about. I can take the disagreements, but NOT the insults! I may fairly new to arcticchat and don't plan on going anywhere, but some of the BASH FESTS are BULL and make me very irritated at the show of disrespect. All people have different relationships with their dealers, some like them,some don't. I just don't happen to like mine RIGHT NOW, doesn't mean that won't change in the future...................

·
Super Moderator
5,047 Posts
I agree with your last comment. Myself, I wouldnt see it as a big deal, Im just glad I have a dealer close by to go to. But I didnt just dump $600 either. Hmmm, my post didnt do much either, did it?

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
Ah, don't mind Freezer, he gets after everybody like that. I think if he insults you, it means he likes you. He's a jovial kind of guy. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff H @ Nov 11 2009, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ah, don't mind Freezer, he gets after everybody like that. I think if he insults you, it means he likes you. He's a jovial kind of guy. ;)[/b]

LOL I guess I don't like you eh :moon: :D

Point is its $10

If he and his mechanic where shooting the **** do ya think they were making $$$sitting there doing nothing?

The guy has to make $$$

People expect too much these days

Its a me me world,yes I am guilty of this sometimes but step back and realize its only $10

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was just looking it from a Customer Relations point of view. I understand that he has profit and expense margins like any business, but not having good customer relations, also directly effects his business's bottom line. I'm not bitchin' it was 10 bucks, I was irritated that you could go in there and B.S. with the guy for 15 minutes while he's ringing up 600 bucks worth of merchandise, then ask if he could pop a clutch off quick, and have to pay him again!

·
Administrator
19,875 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoprosrule @ Nov 10 2009, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have no beef with anyone on here! I was just trying to express my experience and opinion about it. I'm not looking for sympathy or my money back, but so far I've been called Gay and a Whiner, WTF is up with that? I understand that there will be people who agree AND DISAGREE with me, that is what a forum is all about. I can take the disagreements, but NOT the insults! I may fairly new to arcticchat and don't plan on going anywhere, but some of the BASH FESTS are BULL and make me very irritated at the show of disrespect. All people have different relationships with their dealers, some like them,some don't. I just don't happen to like mine RIGHT NOW, doesn't mean that won't change in the future...................[/b]
I seen this yesterday, but chose at the time to keep quiet,, but see'ing a few replies now,,,,,,,,,

I understand exactly where you're coming from Jorey,, If it were me getting the $600 spent over the counter where i'm mgr, the pulling would have cost you $0.00,, < (sorry to upset some of the others if I did),,>> but to keep customers happy and returning (in this economy these days) you have to bend a little also,, just that next time around if same situation arises with same customer (maybe trying to "play you" for what they can), kindly suggest and explain reason for the fee and also recommend getting another puller if one previously lost isn't recovered < My method of customer approval/satisfaction

It gets me many returns with high recommendations as well

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FreezerBurnt @ Nov 11 2009, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff H @ Nov 11 2009, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, don't mind Freezer, he gets after everybody like that. I think if he insults you, it means he likes you. He's a jovial kind of guy. ;)[/b]

LOL I guess I don't like you eh :moon: :D

Point is its $10

If he and his mechanic where shooting the **** do ya think they were making $$$sitting there doing nothing?

The guy has to make $$$

People expect too much these days

Its a me me world,yes I am guilty of this sometimes but step back and realize its only $10
[/b][/quote]
Maybe they shouldn't have been doing that then,, shooting the :turd: gets service depts no where

And before you go off on me, please read my reply to Jorey above,, it is how I do it where i'm mgr,, customer doesn't need to spend $600/month to get that kind of treatment, just be loyal/honest and they'll get taken care of as well

1 - 20 of 27 Posts