Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put a d and d trail pipe on my 04 f6 that i had already put a can on it and i was wondering if anyone else has the same thing or something similar and wat they think about it and if that have notice and preformance gains or anything out of the sled thanx

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you do littel diggin you will find there is very few like almost no cans that matain hp on these firecats they all lose 2-3hp dyno proven. These firecats like the back pressure of the stock can. Try and see if you don't notice or care about a few ponys then by allmeans keep your aftermarket can on they sound so sweet..

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well when i put the can on last year i did notice a difference it seem to b a lil quicker in the bottom end and now that i put the pipe on this year i noticed it even more and i like it

·
Registered
106 Posts
the pipe yes, can..not so much. ordered a 2.5* timing key for a few extra HP.

*edit*- I also noticed a better throttle response after the pipe was on. not sure if its true but to me it felt like it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i wasnt really looking for hp gains or anything just wanted a pipe and can you kno lol do you know anyone that makes a good y pipe for my seld

·
Registered
106 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (greencatf6 @ Dec 19 2009, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ok i wasnt really looking for hp gains or anything just wanted a pipe and can you kno lol do you know anyone that makes a good y pipe for my seld[/b]
I'f you've got all D&D components, I'd stick with a D&D y-pipe too..

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i have looked on their site and the only y pipes they have are like for f7s and bigger so i didnt kno if anyone else makes one for a f6

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
does anyone know anything else i could do the sled that is cheep dont want to mess with the clutches is the y pipe the next best thing or should i get a programer for the efi even tho the boondocker is a little expesive for my liking lol any info would be great thanx

·
Registered
156 Posts
y-pipe fits, but no power increase. Therefore they don't sell them (as told to me from BMP)... Timing key is cheap and good gains.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok didnt really want to mess with that wat will a pac from d and d do for me does anyone have that and wat do they think of it

·
Registered
156 Posts
i've run the pac for 4 years..can't confirm its gains, because it was put on with a lot of other mods.. I run 42lbs @ WOT..

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
have you noticed and better milage for gas or anything at all with that on the sled because that seems like a better thing to get then the boondocker because i really dont want to spend over 400 for a programer that is stupid if you ask me

1 - 20 of 32 Posts