Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for those who already seen this thread on HCS, but I'm trying to get as many opions as I can.

Talking to my dealer today about pipes and ****.. since we got no snow here and nothing else to do really..

We got to talking about the BMP stealth pipe( not the mod) and he explained that the pipe is effectively a stock pipe since it fits in the standard heat shield. What makes an aftermarket pipe different from the stock pipe is the change in geometry and shape of the pipe to affect performance. Which is why a D&D pipe for instance does not fit in a standard heat shield. It has been altered slightly to achieve performance gains.

The BMP is identical to stock in terms of shape, from what I can tell...Is there someone who can eloborate on this? Does BMP do something to the interior of the pipe to realize the "gains".

I thought he made an interesting point, so now I'm rethinking the D&D pipe over the BMP..

Help a guy make the best decision..

Thanks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
the bmp stealth pipe is the same mod as the stock pipe mod they just use there own pipe. not sure exactly what they do, but it is an interior mod. from what i have read in my own research the bmp pipe gives you good power gains over stock, obviously you see more with say d&d, speedwerx,slp etc. but for the $ the bmp isn't a bad idea when you don't have to buy a boondocker like would have to with any other pipe since my f-kitty is an efi.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts