Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a place locally that would have this pilot jet and nobody has them at all...everyone has to order it. Is there a Keihen or Mikuni jet I can cross reference it with? I'd like to get it and install it by Friday if possible. I have one on order via my dealer right now, but that likely won't make it. I have more faith in my naval lint than I do in the ability of Cat's parts deparment to deliver on time. If they do, it'll be a first for me (literally).

Back on subject, anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I can check Kramers here in Maple Lake for you. And if its not to expensive, i could buy it, and mail it to you. (mabey get there by thursday?)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Sorry sanny, they never had anyone ask for one before, so they dont stock it.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Call your local Harley hog shop. They will have it. The CVK40 is used in many hogs.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. I'll give my local HD dealership a call and see what they say. Great idea!

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 05-06 H1's use one size carb, and the 07's use a different carb. Do the 05-06 ones use the 40mm?

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MONEY! One of the local HD shops had one (only one of the many local shops did though...odd). He checked and the slow jet is the same for the 36 and 40 carbs, so I'm in the clear (so it looks anyways).

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Kewl.. Glad you found it. the 05 and 06 are CVK40s. The 07 is is a CVK38. Just a little bit smaller port. Pro and cons to each but both very good carbs. You may also want to ask if they have finger air/fuel ajustment knob for the carb to. That where I got mine from was the local HD shop. Makes tuning in the air fuel mixture eassssssssssssssssy.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll check that when I go there. I'm just giddy I can change the prior to the weekend. I'm going ice fishing up north and didn't really want that exhaust screaming around. There isn't any snow cover right now to muffle the sound, so it just reverbs off the ice and the already loud exhaust gets louder and carries quite a ways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts