Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[attachment=59631:DSC00199.JPG]
My sled was running way too rich so i lengthened the pump rod 2 turns cause i figured it would need it anyway. I checked the plugs after running it on a stand and that is what they looked like. I haven't checked the ratio yet cause I haven't taken it out. The lighter color in the pic is almost a grey which I know is a sign of running lean. The black in the pic was from before I adjusted it(same plugs). I'm wondering from the guys that have theres adjusted if the tip of the plug is grey and the rest a carmel color or if the tip shouldn't become grey. Is it safe to check the ratio as is or shorten the rod 1 turn before I do anything. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Can't tell anything by running it on the stand like that. And, reading the plugs is not the way to determine where your oil/gas ratio is at anyway. Leave it where you have it and then check it next time you ride.

·
Registered
691 Posts
IMO, when I do different things to my sleds, I always clean the old plugs or put fresh ones in and go for a rip...usually 4-5 times down a good strip then at the very end, shut-off the engine and pull the plugs out and then see the colors......Usually, caramel color is the best, black is rich= too rich, too much fuel and white is too lean= notenough fuel....Just my 2 cents. :chug:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it best to check plugs after WOT and shut off while still on throttle or just stop normally and check them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts