Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a Chrome or Flat black Arctic windshield for my '08 F8 anyone have one on there sled they can take a pic of and show me?
Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here are the low chrome windshields on my F8 and my bf's 1000, you have a orange chrome and green chrome to compare to at least, sorry if you were looking for just chrome lol.

[attachment=119526:p1130019.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
[attachment=119570:2008_F8.jpg]

Here is a picture with the flyscreen. If looking to buy hand gaurds, don't buy the Cat ones. Don't have them on anymore. They snapped off due to the cold. I am currently waiting for the PowerMadd ones I ordered a week ago. The Cat Alluminum mounts are very strong though. Still have them and will attach the PowerMadd's right to the cat mounts

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Low chrome windshields look great. Is there a "best place" to order them on the net? I am also looking for a good place to get riser - any suggestions for height and where to get?

I did checked out the sled graphics on that site - wow alot of nice stuff. They don't have any pics of it on a sled, but has anyone put the "joker" decal kit on thier sled?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here's mine with a green chrome (low). Also anything lower than stock will be cold....get hand guards. I'm using the Powermadd guards and mounts. I also added their mirrors (the little black things on the outside of the guard) The mirror is about the size of a silver dollar....pretty small....but good enough to see lights behind. Can't make out who it is...but at least I know someone's there. The left mount has to mount inside the brake master....so it wasn't out as much as the right. Looked like crap, so I got a longer bolt and used a piece of brass tubing over the bolt to make a larger spacer...works great.

We got caught last spring in a freezing rain event....still had to ride 50 miles back. When we got back to the truck, I had 1/4+ inch of ice from my chest up...but my gloves were dry! I was impressed.

Take a look at the picture....look at your hand position relative to the windshied. Now think about riding into the wind at 0 or below at let's say 50 mph....get the point. I've done it.....hands stayed nice n toastie.

I can't imagine riding in the cold weather with a low windshield, without hand guards.

Sorry bout the quality of the picture....crap camera. I dunno

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (conkris @ Jan 26 2009, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Here's mine with a green chrome (low). Also anything lower than stock will be cold....get hand guards. I'm using the Powermadd guards and mounts. I also added their mirrors (the little black things on the outside of the guard) The mirror is about the size of a silver dollar....pretty small....but good enough to see lights behind. Can't make out who it is...but at least I know someone's there. The left mount has to mount inside the brake master....so it wasn't out as much as the right. Looked like crap, so I got a longer bolt and used a piece of brass tubing over the bolt to make a larger spacer...works great.

We got caught last spring in a freezing rain event....still had to ride 50 miles back. When we got back to the truck, I had 1/4+ inch of ice from my chest up...but my gloves were dry! I was impressed.

Take a look at the picture....look at your hand position relative to the windshied. Now think about riding into the wind at 0 or below at let's say 50 mph....get the point. I've done it.....hands stayed nice n toastie.

I can't imagine riding in the cold weather with a low windshield, without hand guards.

Sorry bout the quality of the picture....crap camera. I dunno[/b]
That looks sweet. I just ordered a pair of Orange PowerMadds. The only thing is the top black part of the hand gaurds have Rox Speedfx.com on it in white. I would have rather had the plain black, but this is where I ordered them from. Nice Sled

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Heres the Picture of my 07 F8. The sled is very cold to ride, i rode Northern Wisconsin Last weekend in 10 to 15 below zero without windchill. Rode 60 miles and that was all i could handle without warming up for the day.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here are the low chrome windshields on my F8 and my bf's 1000, you have a orange chrome and green chrome to compare to at least, sorry if you were looking for just chrome lol.

[attachment=119526:p1130019.JPG]
Could you tell me where you got the orange windshield from and or have the part#. I need a new shield for my sled as it broke. Thank you FYI i'm riding this weekend :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts