Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If you have a 1" track you have to go with what I believe is the longest pick made...1.20". Depending on ice conditions you probably need chisels. Woody's makes 1.20 picks and chisels. We aren't talking carbide trail studs here. The woody's drag eliminator is a steel NEEDLE. You'll need more with the 1" track than you would with a speed track as the guys with the speed tracks will have much more penetration.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmscat50 @ Mar 26 2007, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If you have a 1" track you have to go with what I believe is the longest pick made...1.20". Depending on ice conditions you probably need chisels. Woody's makes 1.20 picks and chisels. We aren't talking carbide trail studs here. The woody's drag eliminator is a steel NEEDLE. You'll need more with the 1" track than you would with a speed track as the guys with the speed tracks will have much more penetration.[/b]

so where do i obtain a speed track? i live in winnipeg mb canada.........lol

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Anyone that sells tracks can order speed tracks. New they aren't cheap.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmscat50 @ Mar 28 2007, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Anyone that sells tracks can order speed tracks. New they aren't cheap.[/b]

if i used a 1" track how many should i use? (picks)....................and also what about a speed track (how many picks?)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (96ac550 @ Mar 28 2007, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
With a 1 inch I would go with as many as you can fit in the thing. Pattern them like 4-5-4-5 if you are going to be ice racing alot stud it up hard.[/b]

isn't there a set distance for picks (like 1" 1/2 apart) in some rule books when it comes to ice racing or is that only for snow?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.