Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
You just bought what is IMO the best looking sled ever to hit the snow. I love those black CCEs.

THere is a short wire with a connector coming out of the ECU. It's a small loop that needs to be disconnected when using fuel with ethanol. It richens the fuel mixture up to avoid burndown. Some guys don't bother because of the overly rich mapping. Personally, I disconnect mine due to whatever questionable crap gas we tend to find out there.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Have there been a lot of people to burn up their engine because they did not disconnect it? I never heard of that before. Does anyone have a picture to post of which wire it is? I don't want to start pulling out random wires...

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
I have never heard of an ethanol burndown on a stock sled. I see plenty of guys who run gas up to 10% ethanol with plug in place and have no problems due to the rich mapping.

I'm just a little more cautious I guess as rebuilding an engine in January doesn't sound very attractive to me :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
joezr2
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing