Here is the Kitty at -30 getting ready to go out gold prospecting

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's funny. I figured -30 would look... colder. :cold: :snow:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Stryker_FO any chance you could send some of that snow to northern IN?
Thanks, waiting......oh yeah...cool pic & any luck on the prospecting?
Stephen in northern IN...where we too used to get snow.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Looks like a ball to me. I'd suffer the -30 for some snow right now.
JD

·
Registered
946 Posts
Can I go? Can I, can I, can I, can I??? C'mon! I never get to go anywhere! :boohoo:

Man that looks like fun and I love the cold! Mor pics please! :chug:

Mark

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I guess your digging for gold? Can't figure out how you pan a stream at 30 below! Wouldn't it be better in the spring.LOL

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GunRunner @ Jan 3 2007, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I guess your digging for gold? Can't figure out how you pan a stream at 30 below! Wouldn't it be better in the spring.LOL[/b]
rather quite easy my friend..

2 55 gal drums 1 cut with a hole in teh top to fit a wash tub then cut at the bottom to feed wood.... water in it and you have warm panning water. :D

second one same setup but inside it its a homemade steam "point" basically a steam machine.. you melt the snow, ice, and thaw the dirt so you can dig.. its pretty time consuming but it works and it keeps me entertained...

take about 6 buckets home everytime I head out and then in the garage I have a powered sluice setup and a spiral panning machine and goto work till next time I head out and thaw and dig :D

its really alot more fun that it sounds :D

·
Registered
445 Posts
how much gold do you find?

I'd get bored and go play in the snow with my kiddy.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
in the winter due to the amount of labor required to fill a 5 gal bucket and only taking out 4-6 buckets each trip it all depends and sometimes a little sometimes none... summer is where its at :D

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Hey it's not just a hobby, it brings home a little $ for the family. And it's kind of a connection with Alaska's history. Sounds like fun to me.
JD

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you get used to it and learn to dress right and your good :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
I can not say I have ridden in -30 but here a few days back it was -2 and my ridding buddy and I went out and put about 35 miles on in the mountains from my house. Had more fun then anyone should be allowed. Even broke a sweat. It's not as easy as it looks breaking trial in 12-14 inches of fresh powder and old factory tires :trail:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya I have stock tires also due ot money to buy good ones and have them shiped ot the land of outrageous postage............

I am going out this weekend maybe I might have some more pictures of the cat and maybe of me prospecting in the super cold its supopsed ot be around -20 to -30 this weekend so good winter pics coming if the camera works... last time it didnt t was way too cold it just shut down right away lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'll be back in town Saturday night. If your going on Sunday let me know, unless it's stupid cold then I might not go.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
its supposed to be aroun the high lets seee... -20 lol guess your not going but I am :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
cant even imagine what it is like at that temp. I get chilled when we drop below 60!! Good luck. :beer_cheers:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts