Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2005 400m. i have a pipe, jet, snorkel, K&N, and turnin 26x12 outlaws. what is some of the BEST internal engine mods i can get for my bike to get more low end power. dont care if it only goes 20 mph if i can turn a 44 inch bogger (just a figure of speech) just want low end torque. i know it will have to be a custom mod but does anyone know where i can get some.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Big Bore Kit and a stroker crank

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well right now its bored to .05 over which is just the oversized piston arctic cat/suzuki offers, nothin special. where can i find an accual big bore kit and stroker crank.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Buy a 650 H1 !!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
HAVE YOU DONE A CLUTCH KIT AND SOME GEARS FIRST. BUT IF YOUR LOOKING FOR POWER AND YOU WHAT TO KEEP YOUR 400M THEN DO A BIG BORE AND STROKER KIT FORM TURNER CYCLE ( WWW.TURNERCYCLES.COM ) BUT BE READY TO PAY SOME MONEY ( $2500 ) AND YOU HAVE TOO SHIP THE MOTOR OR DRIVE THE BIKE DOWN THERE. AND I THINK IT WILL TAKE YOU 400 TO 595CC AND IT WILL BE A BAD ASS MOTOR. AND THE KIT FORM FOUR STROKE TECH IS 581CC AND ITS NOT A STROKER KIT JUST AND BIG BORE KIT. BUT ITS CHEAPER.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the question is will it have as much power as an H1 and the motor still hold up. the kit on FST is for the older liquid cooled engines. its a manual so cant do a clutch kit and aint done gears....yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts