Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone with a V2 done the Mudbuster Cams, HMF Exhaust w/ Jets and combined all of that with a Dynatek? If so, how were the results? Is it worth the $700 or so and the pain of doing all the work? Any issues? How about the higher compression piston kits that Aaen offers? Anyone done those?

Also, does anyone know if there is a BIGBORE kit for the 650 to swap out to a 700 or 750?

Just trying to see what is out there for performance upgrades. Not like I will be outrunning any Can-Ams, but I think all around I have a better bike given what I have heard about the electrical issues with the "Bombers".

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I had the dynatek on my v2-05 I didnt like it. I took it off and put my moose back on. I also did the muffler mod and a clutch kit. We went riding back in the rough country at the ranch and It preformed great. Had a ball.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
The FST big bore make about double the HP of the stockengine with the Speedwerx pipe, CDI, opened airbox, and proper jetting. Takes it to a 765. Then be prepared to break everything else in the drivetrain.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So with all that work, how fast is it? Will it take a POPO 800 or CanAm 800 off the line? What is the top end with all of that work?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
with all that work done i would bet you would be looking at upwards of 3+ thousand dollars, might as well just get a outi 800 and do a few hundred dollars work to it if that's what your looking for.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
I wouln't think the belt drive could handle a whole lot more HP.
Kenny

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wvabeer @ Jan 6 2007, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I wouln't think the belt drive could handle a whole lot more HP.
Kenny[/b]
A belt drive CVT system can handle lots of power if the components are designed for that power. The one in my snowmobile handles close to 200 hp no probs.

The weak link would be the belt itself, but they do have the technology to make belts capable of handling hundreds of hp too.

A lifespan weak link might be the Kawi primary though... It is primitive compared the modern clutches found on snowmobiles... It will handle lots of power but might suffer increased wear & tear rates with increased power.

I'm going to switch to a Comet HPQ primary clutch soon, it is an ATV version of the Comet 102C that has been used in snowmobiles with way more than double the hp of any stock ATV engine that ever existed.

sjvcon, I recently installed an HMF exhaust, VDI CopperHead CDI, DynoJet carb kit. These added a considerable amount of power to the bone stock engine but overall it still isn't a fire-breathing monster motor.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't want a Can-Am. That is like telling a Chevy guy to buy a Ford ... if the Ford was from Canada. Like the cat. Just want to boost the juice a bit. Sounds like I start with the ignition, the exhaust, and maybe a clutch? That should only run about $600 or so. Not too bad. And with the deal I got, still way less than what those other bikes cost.

AG, will that clutch work with the bike pretty as is, or are there some significant mods that would have to be made. Not that I am scared of a little cutting, fitting, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
I'm going with the FST big bore kit, cams, speedwerks exhaust and dynatek cdi. I'll do a post when its done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts