Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 PANTERA 550 which doesn't want to start. It turns over a couple of times then whines. I have tried charging the battery and jump starting the sled from the car to no avail. I have also disconnected the battery terminals and attached the jumpers directly to the lead wires. Same result.

The sled is on the trailer with no room to pull start because it is on the right side of the trailer (no leverage).

Any suggestions as to what the proglem may be and how to fix it?

Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
Take it to the dealer and have them adjust the starter gear so that it is always going to reach the clutch flywheel and then if that doesnt work pull it off the trailor and try a new set of plugs and fresh gas!! 2004 pantera 600

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at it tonight. While my wife turned on the ignition I watched the starter assembly. The pinion drive gear engages the ring gear briefly when it first turns over. Then the pinion drive gear recoils to its rest position even though the starter is still spinning.

What would prevent the torque from the starter to keep the pinion drive gear extended to engage the ring gear?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts