Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all.....first time on here
- just hopin someone can provide me some insight
I just purchased a 1000cc pantera (2001 model yr) clean machine with 3000 miles original owner
Here is what I'd like to know:
- there is no studs on machine.....what is best set up & type for all around general performance?
- being that I am not most mechanically sound person.....is there anything further I should know about this partic machine and specific model yr.
yes, I know it's fast.....and I will be running combined weight (with wifey) of approx 345 lbs
any suggestions or assistance is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
161 Posts
You need a min of 144 studs and I would highly highly suggest a set of duel carbide runners on each ski. 6 inches per bar min, 8 would be better.

The difference on these machines, because they are so front end heavy, with single host bars vs duel runners is unreal. Duel runners will eliminate almost all darting on the trails which will make your ride much more enjoyable and safer for you and your passenger.

The front end is extremely heavy, I have a triple touring, great machine but much much heavier than my twin Pantera.

Remember to engage your overload springs when riding two up and disengage them when riding solo, your back will hate you if your ride solo with the overload springs engaged.

Other than adding studs and carbide for safety, you have your self one of the fastest production sofas ever built.

Enjoy!
Ben

·
Registered
172 Posts
Great sled, I had a '00 1000t and the '99 800t. Upgrade the drive shaft if you put in studs. Both of my sleds I twisted off the drive shafts within the first two years (neither of them had studs at the time). I put the same drive shaft that's in the T-cat. Never had a problem after that. If you run the sled hard, you will want to replace the chain every 3,000 miles. All that torque wears that chain. I had 16,500 miles on the '99 and 23,000 miles on the '00, never touched the engines.

One picture is the set up with the threaded "washer" that screws on to the drive shaft upgrade. The other picture is the washer and bolt that screws INTO the original shaft, weak link.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLsA3RB1das

here is my 2001 pantera 1000 all i can tell you about mine that you might find handy is remove your rear skid check you shocks replace if need be and check all your bushings and idler wheels replace if need be this sled is vary heavy and it will wear the parts fast don't think it will make it for the season and you will replace next year i did that and now have to replace 42 parts with a grand total of 811.80 because i let parts go that i thought would make it and wore out and because of that they wore out other parts and now i have a head ache thank god for out door shop and the diagrams for me to print out and highlight what parts i need then came in and placed my order keep your shocks front and rear up to snuff or you will have your ass handed to you on the 770 curb weight sled plus 345 with riders and 50 in gear plus you know you will have a cooler in the back with a 12 pack of root beer 15 pounds there it all will add up that there is 1180 pounds going down the trail and trying to whoa this thing down some times will make you want to crap your pants cause the stock track sucks big time if you have the $ put a 1 1/4 track on it to help slow you down plus it will help you off the trail YOU DON'T WANT TO GET THIS SLED STUCK! a new track will help there also studding is up to you track is a def plus good shocks and keep up on maintenance and you will love this sled for years and years and you will race many sleds and win always bet on a root beer you will win and you will never go thirsty i haven't bought a beer i mean root beer for anyone yet lol even with a Mach z 1000 or 800 r got to love a couch with 174 hp

PS if you are wondering what can is on my sled its a sno stuff rumble pack and the squeal you here i needed to shim my secondary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts