Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys think high heat paint will hold up on this exhaust? It is 1200 degree paint. Here are some pictures.

Ill post up some pictures in a few days when it drys and I get it put back on!

Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did mine last fall with 1200 deg. paint from the auto store, had a little smell from burning paint for the first
10 mile or so, But still looks good after 50 miles. You will be happy you did it.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Looks good. I should hold up fine for few seasons. If you trailer with an open deck trailer, these get coated with salt water and take a beating. I am a V-nose trailer guy myself! I hate to see sleds out in the salt spray. bang your head

·
Registered
479 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (00ZR500 @ Jan 3 2007, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Should I take the time to paint the y-pipe? Or am I just wasting my time?

Thanks[/b]

Sand the painted areas w. med grit paper, clean w/ thinner,dry and repaint. Make sure u use gloves after u paint it, as u install.. grease from the hands will set in the paint b4 it heat cures and will rust eventually.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I've used the 1200 degree "BBQ" paint also. Sometimes it will start to turn white at the y-pipe. The only paint that seems to live is the 1500 degree version which is very flat and is not very resistant to rust or corrosion.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I use the dupli color with ceramic and it hold up and looks great, there again a little discoloring at the cylinders but still protected from the elimantes.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tomcat-1 @ Jan 3 2007, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've used the 1200 degree "BBQ" paint also. Sometimes it will start to turn white at the y-pipe. The only paint that seems to live is the 1500 degree version which is very flat and is not very resistant to rust or corrosion.[/b]

Holy Crap!! Where the heck have you been lately? Haven't seen you on here in a LONG time?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts