Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I have a Red AC, with the Grey rims. (See pic) I really want to paint them black. I was gonna get them powder coated by a buddy of mine, but he said for what i use my ATV for I'd be better off just spray painting them. What do you guys think? I also wanted to do the racks (same color as rims) black too, I was almost thinking of getting them sprayed w/ a spray on truck bed liner. What do you guys think on this also?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I would put bed liner on the racks and Paint the rims. If powder coating is faily inexpensive I would do that. IMHO

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies, I'll defiantly just spray paint them. Cheaper on my part anyways.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I put bed liner on my V2 and it worked well. I might suggest bringing in the racks into a body shop and have them sandblast it. It's a LOT easier than sanding it by hand.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will defiantly get pics for you guys, i'll do it tomorrow if i can get the paint. And Sanny what did you use? Line-X, Rhino liner, or did you use the walmart roll on stuff?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One more Question, would it look better flat black or gloss?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
When I put the bed liner on my stuff I bought the spray on. It seemed to work great.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I got some Duplicolor stuff from Walmart. Ended up using something like 5 cans in all. Worked great, but make sure you sand the racks first so it sticks to it good.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll probably end up sand blasting the racks, if not i'll be sanding for a while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts