Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
well like I asked before, what part of PA are you in, as there are trails all over PA
if I know what part of Pa your in, I can maybe help you find some trails to ride closer to you'
Heck if your near me, maybe we could hook up and go for a ride on my local trails, IF we ever get good enough snow to ride them??

you can go to the DCNR site and they will show you a lot of the states trails and up to date conditions and grooming reports, but they won't show any local trail systems that add to there systems, and or if you need a trail permit to ride on them, which MOST will!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well like I asked before, what part of PA are you in, as there are trails all over PA
if I know what part of Pa your in, I can maybe help you find some trails to ride closer to you'
Heck if your near me, maybe we could hook up and go for a ride on my local trails, IF we ever get good enough snow to ride them??

you can go to the DCNR site and they will show you a lot of the states trails and up to date conditions and grooming reports, but they won't show any local trail systems that add to there systems, and or if you need a trail permit to ride on them, which MOST will!

Sorry I did not see that message on my phone. I am from Lehigh County. I do not see any kind of riding conditions in the near future. We are planning to head North in January if the trail conditions are right. We are looking at the Allegheny National Forest Trails. They are about 5.5 hours away though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
the closest trail system to you will Nepasnotrails, in NE pa, very good trails, but sadly last yr never opened with the poor winter we had, this yr they opened and closed already, waiting on better snow before they open up again, keeps more trails open down the road doing this, as land owners don't like damages low snow can cause!
here is there link
NEP Sno Trails

Now as for other places, PA grand canyon area will be a HAIR closer for you, as will the state forest trails, just outside of 80-180 intersection, but there south, so your NOT going to get lake effect as you will up north more, like in the north part of ANF, or in potter county/coutersport PA/ Potato city

Other places to go can go in NY, not much farther to be honest, if even any?
< Tug hill, Old forge , but you will be paying for a NY registration there , join a club there and you can get reg and trail permits in all but Old forge for under a 100 bucks, so NOT that bad, Old forge charges either 80 for the yr more or you can get a 7 day permit for less

I'm in Schuylkill co, so not that far away from you.
I also looking for someone to ride with as all my old riding buddy's gave up on snow it seems LOL

so if your ever looking for a side kick, or??
let me know, been a lot of places over the yrs,(several states and parts of states)
but I too got out of snowmoblile's for a few yrs and just getting back into them this winter

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will definitely let you know when we go riding. It is just my brother-in-law and I that go. We do not mind the haul as long as the conditions are worth it. It is tough to know sometimes as the trail conditions are not updated enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts