Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to put some miles on today...108 to be exact. Runs well and pulls hard all the way up to 7000rpm and stops saw 7100 on a long pull but it just creaped up the extra 100. (I should be between 7300-7500 on a 04 zr9 I believe) I am runing the cat red white in the middle hole, to adjust my rpm do I move the spring back or forward a hole? On a long straight away I saw the same speedo speed that I was getting last year so that is fine not really looking for much more top end anyway. Secondary heat after a 40 miles none stop high speed run was good (better then stock), was able to put my bare hand on the secondary just warm to the touch. Need to do some more work but for the first run I'm happy.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ya, tightening the secondary spring will raise rpm's. From left to right, 1,2,3,4,5, going to hole 1, or 2 will raise rpms some. How did you like the backshift? Keep us posted.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for the update.

Is the RTK kit the only change made to the clutching from last year? How's the acceleration and backshift feel relative to last year (if that's even possible to determine...given the time elapsed)?

Was your driven too hot to tough last year??? Although that could be condition-dependent too...ie, deep snow etc... and a lot of on/off throttle would make it hotter than a straight line long, hardpack snow pull.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xfireman @ Jan 3 2007, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ya, tightening the secondary spring will raise rpm's. From left to right, 1,2,3,4,5, going to hole 1, or 2 will raise rpms some. How did you like the backshift? Keep us posted.[/b]
Now that I get thinking maybe I don't have my secondary wound tight enough...seems to me I read something about that. If cat tachs are low from the factory then maybe a little tighter will help my RPM's...something to try.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (im4snow2000 @ Jan 3 2007, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks for the update.

Is the RTK kit the only change made to the clutching from last year? How's the acceleration and backshift feel relative to last year (if that's even possible to determine...given the time elapsed)?

Was your driven too hot to tough last year??? Although that could be condition-dependent too...ie, deep snow etc... and a lot of on/off throttle would make it hotter than a straight line long, hardpack snow pull.[/b]
Yes the RKT/OVS kit is the only change...backshift and acceleration feel way better then I remember (I did add studs this year) and yes my secondary ran hotter last year but conditions were soft the day I noticed. All and all I'm not disapointed but I know I have some more work to do...if anything the kit is forcing me to figure out cat/DD clutching. Nothing wrong with that. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (charlo @ Jan 3 2007, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xfireman @ Jan 3 2007, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya, tightening the secondary spring will raise rpm's. From left to right, 1,2,3,4,5, going to hole 1, or 2 will raise rpms some. How did you like the backshift? Keep us posted.[/b]
Now that I get thinking maybe I don't have my secondary wound tight enough...seems to me I read something about that. If cat tachs are low from the factory then maybe a little tighter will help my RPM's...something to try.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (im4snow2000 @ Jan 3 2007, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks for the update.

Was your driven too hot to tough last year??? Although that could be condition-dependent too...ie, deep snow etc... and a lot of on/off throttle would make it hotter than a straight line long, hardpack snow pull.[/b]
Yes the RKT/OVS kit is the only change...backshift and acceleration feel way better then I remember (I did add studs this year) and yes my secondary ran hotter last year but conditions were soft the day I noticed. All and all I'm not disapointed but I know I have some more work to do...if anything the kit is forcing me to figure out cat/DD clutching. Nothing wrong with that. :thumbsup:
[/b][/quote]

Thanks again. Good luck with the kit (and your other changes) and please keep us posted on your opinions regarding this kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts