Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would 28 outlaws at the back and swamplites the front work in the front? I ride 50/50 trails and mud so i thought the swamplite was a good tral tire and the outlaw was a good mud tire. what do you guys think about the combination?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
:rofl:

Why dont you just buy an all purpose tire like the mst's

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i want to probaby get 28 outlaws at the back and 28 mudzillas or vampires at the front. Either way im doing good in the mud.

·
Registered
450 Posts
In all seriousness, why not go with outlaws all the way 'round? They ARE the best mud tire. You have to watch combos so as to keep outside diameters of all four the same. Not all tires measure true. Snarky has an Outlaw/EDL combo if I remember. PM him- I am sure he can tell you what he thinks of the combo and what he has learned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have ran a combination before and I ran 27" mudlites and 27" Triclaws, you do have to have an idea of the outside diameter but I never noticed any real issues even though I ran these on a Polaris 500 HO and their weird 4wd system. I think that certain combinations like the one you suggested would work well especially if you do a 50/50 combination of mud/trails.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Just run zillas all the way around. There better handling in the trail and wear better then Laws. Not to mention a little easier on axles. Marginally worse in mud then a Law.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
there would be nothing wrong with that combo i have a friend that runs 29.5" swamplites on the front and 29.5" Laws on the rear. Its kinda like running the EDL/LAW combo it will pull alittle better comeing out of the holes and not be as hard on parts and will be a nicer ride.if you trail ride some the combos work nice outlaws dont climb for crap even in 4wd but if you have a good climbing tire like a edl or the swamplites you can have alittle better trail manners and still mud very well.
No real good mud tire climbs good even worse if its just slimely and the tires that climb good and trail ride nice dont do real good in real mud so some times haveing both will work better for some..

shoot i ran 27' mudlites on front and 27" laws on the rear for awhile and it worked real nice and the lites where so smooth..

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I already am putting on 29.5x10x10 swamplites all the way around so i will have to see on how they work. Heavy tire though......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts