Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well boys, it's with bittersweet emotion that I must inform you that my mighty V2 has been sold. Had it for sale for a week or so, and I got a call today about it. The guy and his family (yes, entire family) came to look at it. He was overly impressed with it and we came to a deal. I'm sad to see 'er go as it's been a good ATV for me, BUT I have my sights now on Catterman's 2005 H1. He's got the Gorilla axles, Speedwerx clutch kit and Speedwerx exhaust, so I'll be interested to see how it compares to the V2. I'll likely get some different tires this summer (Swamplites maybe??). My mudlites worked great, but they are awfully soft and got plenty chewed up on the asphalt/hardpack.

At any rate, I'll likely be picking up my "new" H1 here on Tuesday afternoon. The guy is picking up the V2 tomorrow, then I'm gone fishing F-Su, and I am likely busy Monday.

Can't wait. Sorry to see one go, but happy to see another come into the family.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
wow that was quick sanny, glad to hear your getting a new "toy" tuesday though. good luck with the mighty h-1, got a feeling it might soot you a bit better.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
congrats Sanny I hope you like the H1. it would be hard for me to change from my V2 to an H1. I know you will like it. they are a great machine.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
congradulations, todd i hope you like the h1. i think i will be getting an h1 also, here in the near future.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I'll be starting from scratch with this one. Gabe has already done some stuff, so I won't be starting with a bone stock machine so that's kind of nice. I told Gabe that this H1 wouldn't be as tricked out as my V2. We both laughed, as we both knew better. It just won't be as tricked out as my V2 as quickly. We're trying to sell our house and move and we have our 2nd baby due here in April, so time and money aren't going to be the same as they are now.

Looking forward the getting into that H1. The V2 is/was an awesome machine. I just think the H1 will suit me better as Kevin stated.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sanny, I thought you were thinking, TRV.
(I'd swear I read that you posted awhile ago that your'e next quad was to be a TRV).
I dunno

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My next new one will be the TRV. I was planning on keeping the V2 for a while, but when Catterman's H1 came up for sale it got the wheels turning in my head. Still have my sights on the TRV at some point.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
:chug: started to get the H1 ready for your arrival! She is all cleaned up and looking good :D I am glad I can pass it down to a friend so I can keep seeing her when we go riding together! Although I won't have an Arctic Cat ATV for a while, my 1990 Fourtrax seems to be working good now. In the fall of 2008 the wife GUARANTEED me that I could get a new Arctic Cat :chug:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Congrats Todd and Gabe. Can't wait to see what you do with this one Todd. What kind of Cat are you thinking of in '08 Gabe?
JD

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I want a EFI TRV, so hopefully they have one out by then, if not I will get the 08 H1 650 EFI (or if that isn't out then the 700 EFI whatever it may be), or Arctic Cat will have the 450 EFI from Suzuki up and going by then too. :chug:

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I think the tires/wheels will be sold this spring/summer and replaced with some new ones. Stock tires don't cut the mustard where I go. Looking at Swamplites. My mudlites worked great, but they are really soft and the asphalt chews them up a bit more than I might want. Still unsure about that though. The traction was GREAT!

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I picked up the H1 last night and washed it on the way home with all the rain that got dumped on me on the way back. Good grief!

The guy came and picked up the V2 last night. I had a small oil leak and I thought it was just not enough teflon tape on the threads for my aftermarket oil pressure gauge setup I had. Well, turns out it was more than that. Nothing major,but the special brass fitting I had to special order from the east coast had cracked. You could see a bad spot where it cracked. As I was disassembling it to fix it, the entire T fitting came off. That special adapter I had bought (which I didn't know was cracked at the time) broke completely off, leaving part of it in the engine casing! CRAP! Luckily, it was brass and with an easy out I was able to get it out easily. I put the stock sensor back in place until the replacement part comes in next week from Maine. The guy was very understanding and thankful that I caught it. He seems like a very understanding chap. In fact, he asked if I would be willing to do the maintenance and repairs on it if/when needed. He said he'd pay me to do it. So, naturally, I said heck yeah! Plus, he bought the 2 remaining Bieffe helmets I had, so I got an extra $60 out of that too! So, that $400 difference in price between my quad and the H1 is dwindling down fast. By next fall, he will have paid me that difference by me doing maintenance and such for him. nice! Everyone wins.

·
Registered
167 Posts
anyone want to buy a 05 v2, just a shot, don't really want to sell it but i'm real close to getting my truck paid off, and that would be a nice bill off my back...pm me if your interested

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Todd,

Welcome to the H1 club.. I love mine.. As i have the 04-vtwin 650 and the 07-H1.. Best of both worlds.... I will pick mine up tomarrow from the dealer... It's ready for me..Then it goes under construction for the Mud nats.... It will be in the bad to the bone comp...

MArk

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Well Sanny How do you like it? is it better? is it faster? ???

Kenny

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Sanny do you have some pick for us.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I need to take some pics of it. Been running around all week. The difference is very different in comparison, and I like it. The low gear on the H1 is a true low as compared to the V2 that will go 45-50mph in low. Both are great bikes, but this one is better suited for my needs for the most part. Definitely doesn't have the snap that the V2 does, but it also only has 260 miles on it, so it's not even broken in yet. Will give more reports as I use it more. I'm selling the Speedwerx slip on exhaust that came with it. Too loud for my area and use. In doing that I need to replace the 55 pilot jet with the stock 40. With the stock exhaust on it and the 55 pilot, she fouls the plug REAL bad.

Just got a call from the guy who bought my V2. He told me he was wanting to use it primarily for toting a trailer around. What he didn't tell me is that it was the trailer he used to pick it up with...a solid steel tandem axle car hauler! First question he asked was if I cashed his credit card check. I said yes (I still have the title until it clears mind you). He told me he hooked it up and it squatted the back all the way down! I told him to try tightening up the suspension. He didn't know the tongue weight of the trailer, but dang...it has to be heavy as crap to do that! I already tightened it up one notch in the rear. Hopefully that does it for him. The other concern is when he backs it up. The V2's reverse gear is geared on the high side. I might suggest he reclutches it. He told me speed isn't his thing. 50mph is faster than he'd ever go he said, so I might tell him I can install a red or even almond secondary for him. Otherwise, he might be smoking belts if he plans on backing that thing up a lot.

I already told him that I cashed his check, already bought my H1 and the check for that had already cleared our bank (all of which is true). At this point, he owns an ATV. If the Cat doesn't take the tongue weight, I don't know of another ATV that will. 10" suspension travel and 13" (stock) GC.

Being a tandem axle, will using a hitch tongue that raises the ball 8-10" help offset the tongue weight at all? I know it would with a single, but with a tandem???

1 - 20 of 33 Posts