Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for opinions between the ODS kit and the BMP kit for the 07 f1000, im looking for more speed from this slug, i know some of you say you get 115 to 120mph but ive only seen 95 and ive got 450miles on it? i have been using the digital readout as the speedo and the needle as the tach is the digital that far off or is it possible my clutches are out of wack? what rpm are these supposed to turn for max power, mine runs about 7400-7450. thanks for the help

ps. i like the fact the bmp kit has the supertip weights as they are highly adjustable but the 500$ price tag is quite staggering.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Flamin' Fury, curious as to what condtions and what distances you've reached your top speed of 95? I've only gotten 96-97 out of mine so far, but that wasn't on a lake or down a road, but didn't SEEM like there was going to be much more than that for the distance and minimal snow I was running on. However I DO realize what a difference a day and different conditions can make. I've got 500 miles on mine now (bone stock) and my tach is runnin' the same as yours @ 7350-7450ish.

You're getting your computer reflashed? Why – was yours in the VIN recall range or what??? Please, please, please report back ASAP when you have a chance to see what kind of improvement (if any) you notice in how your sled runs. Thanks! – Roy

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Roy T @ Jan 27 2007, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Flamin' Fury, curious as to what condtions and what distances you've reached your top speed of 95? I've only gotten 96-97 out of mine so far, but that wasn't on a lake or down a road, but didn't SEEM like there was going to be much more than that for the distance and minimal snow I was running on. However I DO realize what a difference a dan and different conditions can make. I've got 500 miles on mine now (bone stock) and my tach is runnin' the same as yours @ 7350-7450ish.

You're getting your computer reflashed? Why – was yours in the VIN recall range or what??? Please, please, please report back ASAP when you have a chance to see what kind of improvement (if any) you notice in how your sled runs. Thanks! – Roy[/b]
i was running on a railroad bed in northern maine known for speed, though the conditions were less than perfect (little loose snow on surface so some track slip im sure), problem is my 06 fcat was doing 105, not really what you want to see when your 300cc's bigger. ive seen some bone stock dyno numbers and think were turning way too high for max power, at 7400 im down to 160 hp and after that it drops like a brick (7500 was 154hp!) the max power i saw was within the 7100-7200 rpm range at 165 and 165.8 respectively so if you consider were overturning then its no wonder the fcat is so close to these 1000's as they put out almost the same hp. my understanding of the seervice bulliten for the reflash is its ALL f and m 1000's, not sure on the crossfire's? im also not liking some of the internet stuff im hearing such as broken crankends. the good news is there is some fixes for alot of these first yr woes such as bullseyes, great clutch kits, etc,etc so we will overcome our troubles, im afraid its going to be a repeat of the 03 yr for the fcat with 30 something recalls and service bullitens!

edit; one more thing i saw sheets that prove 184hp with a d+d y pipe and 4 bullseyes installed in the side with the fake air intake on the 1000!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Flamin, sounds like we've both checked out the same dyno sheets, so I know what you're saying on the RPMs. Have you tried the y-pipe and/or airbox mod kits yet? I've got 'em on the shelf, but have yet to throw' em on. How 'bout clutching – tried anything there yet – I'm still bone stock, but am ready to start trying SOMETHING!

Again, please post back on your computer reflash details. Thanks! – Roy

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Roy T @ Jan 27 2007, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Flamin, sounds like we've both checked out the same dyno sheets, so I know what you're saying on the RPMs. Have you tried the y-pipe and/or airbox mod kits yet? I've got 'em on the shelf, but have yet to throw' em on. How 'bout clutching – tried anything there yet – I'm still bone stock, but am ready to start trying SOMETHING!

Again, please post back on your computer reflash details. Thanks! – Roy[/b]
im bone stock too,,,,,,,,for now, i may do some small stuff this winter to see how this thing is going to hold up but i plan on big things this summerf or it! i will let you know how the reflash goes,,,, now where'd i put that dam snow,,,,,,,,,,?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Our kit uses Dalton adjustables, whish are very easy to tune, and will work if you do add mods, no problem at all. I have yet to run top speed with any of them.. meaning 105ish.. but they had more for sure. But this was hard packed.

Anyway the kits are about 3+mph faster in 500-600 ft. maybe even more, I took the lowest # of our kit compared to the highest on the stock clutching. Top end I assume will improve, due to the more efficient setup.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts