Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
lol that's weird check to make sure no airways in the hood are blocked and that there's nothing hanging down/blocking the intake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where would the intake be? There was an intake port that draws past clutch and belt but there was a factory plug in that port that looked like it had never been removed, (I did try removing this plug and it made no difference). Is there an air filter or just an air box on this sled? But reguardless why would the hood being open or closed make a difference? Its literally instantly when I latch the hood it chokes the motor.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I don't know much about that specific sled, but i had one that had piping and everything in the hood for air flow.

try not latching if it runs fine look around for wires/gas line that could be pinched when closed tight

Reactions: thedh7682

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ended up being the small wire that holds the hood from folding too far forward when the hood is up, had worn a very small slit in the spark plug cable (couldn't even see it). but when the hood would latch it would push the cable into the same exact spot and then the hood pin going into its slot would ground it out and take that cylinder out.

·
Registered
335 Posts
oh wow thats different. congrats on your fix!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts