Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1988 arctic cat pantera 530l/c .I have tried everything and need help,Ive tried new stator,cdi,crank seals different clutches and weights and springs,and the sled still doesnt go.I lift the sled up at the back and only get it up to 5000 rpm,and the same when its on the ground but wont move,when I take the belt off it will go to about 9000 rpm I need to know what else I can try,when it started doing it last year it didnt happen all of a sudden it kinda bogged a little here and there and now it does it all the time

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Geofflang @ Nov 10 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have a 1988 arctic cat pantera 530l/c .I have tried everything and need help,Ive tried new stator,cdi,crank seals different clutches and weights and springs,and the sled still doesnt go.I lift the sled up at the back and only get it up to 5000 rpm,and the same when its on the ground but wont move,when I take the belt off it will go to about 9000 rpm I need to know what else I can try,when it started doing it last year it didnt happen all of a sudden it kinda bogged a little here and there and now it does it all the time[/b]

I would guess its the primary clutch is broke, or your track is not spinning freely. Prob. not the clutchs if you changed them or rebuilt them. With it off the ground, lift up the rear end and see how hard it is to spin the track by hand, engine off. If it spins easy, time to start looking at the clutch. With the belt off, spin the secondary and see how hard it is to turn. The shaft bearings could be bad also. How are the hifaxes/slides? Just a few ideas.
Nick

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thats a bit frustrating sounds like you have covered all the bases,I once had a 95 zr 700 that was hit and miss it would run like a champ then wouldnt get out of its own way the dealer tryed a number of things electical,carbs,cdi,still the same what he eventually found was a problem in the exhaust canister baffle,it had broke loose and would bounce over and partaily block the exhaust,he put a new can on and I rode that machine 9400 miles without another hickup.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I lifted up the back end of the sled and it doesnt seem to have any drag. the slides are good too,I am going to try and rebuild the primary clutch with new weight and bushings and spring,if that doesnt fix it what else could it be?And how could a person check if it has a broken baffle in the exhaust,if there was a broken baffle wouldnt it do it all the time?mine only does it under load.I am really frustrated and dont know what else to do,thanks for your input by the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts