Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are a hard rider who works up a little sweat, you cannot be without Gore tex. I was so amazed at the difference in how comfortable you can stay. I wore my Gore Tex pullover(uninsulated shell), Sno Support Fleece jacket (I call it a shirt since it's about like a flannel shirt) and my wicking layer on my upper torso. I wore the wicking layer and my FXR Team pants. My legs were always more "clammy" feeling but the upper torso would just vent that sweat right off. This is my first time with gore tex and I'm gonna toss those FXR pants in the trash. Gore tex pant for me next year, no doubt. That stuff is amazing for snowmobiling and especially active riders. I never felt a hint of cold on my torso down to 4 deg F and even when it got up 23 deg hours later I was totally comfortable. Amazing stuff.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Yeah, I have ReimaTec, Reima's Gore-Tex equivalent.

It's a shell system, lots of vents if it's warm out. All I have underneath is a long sleeved T-shirt & long-johns made of some kind of new-tech fiber. I stay warm & dry for any period of time, and it's all super lightweight! No bulk.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have all gore-tec on my sledding stuff, spring, fall, and winter fishing stuff, and my hunting boots, pants and jacket. It really works!

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You read plenty about it, you see plenty of ads etc but until you experience it first hand you don't know how MUCH the real difference is. It is absolutely amazing. The "less bulk" thing is another dimension in itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts