Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i got a 3000 pound venom hardcore series winch for chistmas :super_happy: . it took me about 8 hours to put it on (running all of the wires so that they are out of site, with a trip to lowes) then after i get it installed my darling wife tells me that if i want to :super_happy: , we can look into a bigger bike. (like i'd say no) so i am thinking either getting a 500m or an h1. i am debating on weather the added power is worth the added price. but i am leaning towards the 500m. also the dealer wants $6900us for the h1, that is the msrp for the trv. and the 500m is $100us less than msrp.

what would you do?
p.s. that darned winch is staying on the 400, i'll just buy a new one for the new bike.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I don't know how much money you will lose on the trade but the 500m is a great bike. You will have full warranty again which is something. Does the 400 do everything you want? I think unless you get into situations where you cant turn the tires the bigger cc bike won't be such a big deal. I ride with another 400 and he keeps up no problem.
If I was buying new right now I would definately get the biggest cc bike I could but I'm not willing to trade up unless it were to a bike with efi and power steering with gc of the AC. It would be nice to have a new bike in the yard though. :super_happy: and maybe you should go for it before the wife changes your mind. LOL

WC

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good advice, WC, thanks. i forgot to mention though i'll be keeping the 400. it will become the wife's bike.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I am glad you are keeping the bike I thought you were trading it in. Because the dealer wont give you any extra for the winch. Good luck in your purchas. I would go with the 650 just because I like the HP.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought a 500 TRV for my wife. And she loves it. More power then she says she needs and the extended wheelbase makes it so much more stable. We are both a little bigger and with both of us on it, it will still run 55-58 mph down the road. With plenty of seating room. I ride a V2 650 and she has no problem keeping up in the dirt. But then again I use to have a 330 and it was plenty fast in the dirt. Come to think of it I never rode the H1 trv? Any ways enjoy your new ride what ever you get.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got the venom 3500 as well. Where di you end putting the transformer box and cable slack?

I could not find suitable place other than the battery box...

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i put the relay in the battery box. on the left (as you are sitting on it) side there is a little shelf i cut a hole in the back of the plastic and slipped the mounting thingamajigs through the plastic. then put the bolts through the thingamajigs, just behind the muffler. i just stuffed the slack around the batt. but when i get back home (in feb.) i will trim the excess. i will be working some OT to buy the new bike.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Buy the 650 and you wont be dissapointed. The 500 is a great bike but I ride with some friends and they have problems getting the big tires to turn in the thick stuff, especially in reverse. I have the 700 and love it. Moved up from a 600. IF the price difference is not to bad you should buy the H1. IF it has too much power you can always not squeeze the thumb lever so hard, but it is nice to have on tap just in case!!

Either one is a great bike. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
When I am in mud that I know is deep I always use my diff. lock to make sure I don't get stuck with my 500. Not needed very often but sure is nice to have when you do need it.. My next purchase will be a new 700EFI Cat..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts