Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, working on my 04 F7 tonight, decided to take the belly pan off and have a look, good thing!!!!!!!! my coolant line going from the exchanger to the motor was rubbing on the motor almost right through. any one else have this problem ? might be something to have a look at.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Mine did that too. It was rubbing on the secondary clutch. i replaced it and just ran a couple zip ties to keep it tight against the the body

·
Registered
86 Posts
My dad has an 04 sabercat 600 that had the same problem. It rubbed a hole and lost all the coolant one night on the trails. Luckily we were only about 7-8 miles from home and right by a road when it happened. I had to ride home and get the truck.

·
Registered
737 Posts
There was a service bulletin for this on all 2004 Firecats and Sabercats they say to remove a section of the hose, but they do not say how much to cut off.

Hope this helps Jeff

·
Registered
26 Posts
i just did the same modifaction to my 04 sabercat the new rad hose that arctic cat sells is a bit shorter keeping tension on it and not allowing it to hit the engine , im kinda leary on the new clamps they supplyed any one have any input on the clamp used on the engine side????

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sledcrazy777 @ Nov 12 2009, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i just did the same modifaction to my 04 sabercat the new rad hose that arctic cat sells is a bit shorter keeping tension on it and not allowing it to hit the engine , im kinda leary on the new clamps they supplyed any one have any input on the clamp used on the engine side????[/b]
I thought the same thing ,I think I'm going to use a couple of gear clamps they will be a lot easier to install

1 - 8 of 8 Posts