Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my main jetting I have a 155 Keihn Jet and in the summer it runs great but in the winter it might be a little lean because at 3/4 to full throttle while riding when letting off the gas sometimes but not often I will get a pop a decileration. I had a 160 main in there before and it was way to rich in the summer. Do you think being off a little could harm the engine? I wouldnt think so becuase usually you have to be off by a lot to create enough heat to harm the engine. It runs great though in the winter with no lag and great throttle response so I dont think its to lean just looking for opionions? If one size could damage engine I think I will put a 2in to 1.5 pvc on the end of the snorkle for winter instead of changing jets. I checked the plug and it didnt look lean at all.

Second observation:
I noticed on sport quads if you have direct bolt on carb you will get more peak HP and if you have a long intake to the carb you get more low end power. Do you think you could adjust your powerband somewhat by the length of the snorkle? I thought about taking a foot off just to see if I get more top end power.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
if you adjusted you length of the snorkle you might have to accomidate it by changeing the jetting a bit again. my opion is as long as you don't do long peroids of wot runs in the winter i would leave what you got in there for the winter.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
If it only popping on when you get off the trottle then that is normal a sing of being lean on the pilot circuit. Try turning the pilot screw out 1/4 turn to richin it up a little and that should get rid of your popping.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I adjusted the pilot screw a half turn but it ran like garbage as in it hesitated to much for my likings. I will try a 1/4 turn now. Im at 2.5 now and 3 was horible.
I have a 45 pilot now and a washer under the needle.
I dont do much WOT runs but sometimes its fun to rip throught the gears WOT! :D It doesnt do it all the time only occasionally. I was thinking maybe it was just from the HMF pipe being free flowing. I know some popping on decel is normal for sport bikes with race exhausts.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
naw i have a hmf on my v2 and tried it before i rejetted and did the same poping when letting off the throttle. after rejetting no more popping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts