Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 ext el Tigre 530 and 90 prowler, I want to put the 530 into my prowler, will this work?. Then get a updated suspension, what do I look for? Later want to get comet clutch, and pipe it, what pipes will work? Any tips will help, or ways to get more power. This will be my first build

·
Registered
101 Posts
My son rides our 530 and is trying to talk me into a small turbo setup. As he is only 16yo and it was a freebie sled, I say no......but understand why he'd want to do something like that. 4-5 lbs of boost would be noticeable and wouldn't be too hard to install. Depending on what your plans with the Prowler would be, a 550 or 580 would likely swap right in since the bottom ends are nearly identical from what I've read. Whats in the Prowler now?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well, if you wanted to swap engines/electrics/etc, just take some good measurements and fab up some mounting brackets. Be sure to keep the same lines with the primary/secondary clutches and you should be good to go. Can't see why you wouldn't be able to retain the secondary of the Prowler along with the jackshaft and chain case. Just replacing the chain on my boys' 530 and its the same all the way up to the Wildcat 700.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
InTheDirt
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing