Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-

I had the sled running awesome. I was so excited that I took a 5 hour trip up to Hurley, WI. Might I mention, the trails were in the best shape EVER!

We had a great time for about 2 hours. Then, as I thought the day was going well, my buddies Ski Doo broke a track. We were deep into the woods, so I figured he could hop on the back of my sled for a short ride back. Well the sled didnt like this much weight. My track then ended up ripping. My track is studded. When the track ripped one of the studs was hanging and put a hole in the heat exchanger, both in the front and the back.

I have a Ski Doo sitting around here, I was wondering if the heat exchanger would work out of that? Anyone know if this is a good or bad idea? If not, I guess I'll bust down and buy the new one for a horrid price.

I'll post the whole experience I had in Hurley shortly, it's an interesting story!!!

Mike

·
Registered
125 Posts
Im not sure what heat exchanger you tore open but I have repaired a few . The last one I welded was the front one on a 2000 zrt600. I had to weld because they dont change, they are part of the bulkhead. Im not 100% sure but I think you can change the front one on your model of sled. True the skidoo parts may work it'll likely slow you down.lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
LOL,
Not that it's funny butt that happened to me 3 weeks ago. It all depends on what year zert u are running. 96 and prior is totally different than 97 and up. I run a 97 and for the money it isn't worth the time or money to mess around rigging one in there. I lost the one in front, throu my guy it ran be a 100 bucks. So anyway it all depends on the model. I got lucky due to mine not being part of the tunnel. If it isn't tore up bad i would have it welded up. Mine was wrecked and well lbeyond repair!!( 40 miles from any town and had a rev haul me in lol)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.