Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now when i go riding im roughly using 1 quart of oil to a a tank of gas. i can go about 150 miles untill my oil light turns on. my light turns on after my right after i filled my sled up for the second time. im pretty much using a little more than two quarts to 16 gallons of gas. So im tring to figure out what how much i can turn it down and still be safe. So i just marked my tank where it was before i filled it up, and then i marked it when i put two quarts in it. Im just would like to get my ratio just close to where it should be because i no its way off right now. And how many milles is everyone one else getting per tank/ quart. thank you

·
Registered
310 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rtkat2 @ Feb 8 2007, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
right now when i go riding im roughly using 1 quart of oil to a a tank of gas. i can go about 150 miles untill my oil light turns on. my light turns on after my right after i filled my sled up for the second time. im pretty much using a little more than two quarts to 16 gallons of gas. So im tring to figure out what how much i can turn it down and still be safe. So i just marked my tank where it was before i filled it up, and then i marked it when i put two quarts in it. Im just would like to get my ratio just close to where it should be because i no its way off right now. And how many milles is everyone one else getting per tank/ quart. thank you[/b]
Try using this formula. Divide number of gallons by number of oz. of oil used. You stated that you marked your tank already. Before you make any calculations fill gas tank and fill oil tank, make a mental note to fuel level in tank and mark oil level. Next time you fill with gas try to fill to same level as before. When filling your oil use a liquid measuring cup that measures oz. Record # of oz. used. Example 10 gallons of gas = 1280 oz. (10 x 128 = 1280). Lets say you put in 32 oz of oil, Now divide 1280 by 32 and you get 40. Your ratio would be 40:1. If you use the # you posted 16 gallons your oz would be 2048 oz. of gas, 2 quarts of oil is 64 oz. (or a little more as you stated). 2048 divided by 64 = 32:1, you could turn down the oil pump if these #'s are correct. If it was me I'd check your fuel and oil usage again before I did any adjustments.
Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks thats a good idea, but if how turn down the oil pump how do i know much many turns to use

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just figured my ratio out its 33.6-1. i remeber that someone had figure out how many times you can turn the bolt and it equals a certian ratio, but i cant find it. SO i was wondering if anyone knew what it was or if they no the where i can find it out thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts