Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first Arctic Cat sled that has had the oil injection system working. Most of my sleds have either had the system disconnected and or manually mixed. I have a 96 Pantera 580 EFI. It seems like the oil level only drops sightly between fuel tank fill ups. Dont seem like the machine is running lean on oil or any adverse affects that I can see or feel. When the sled starts the exhaust puts out oil like a normal 2 stroke.
Just wondering how long a tank of oil normally lasts on a 96 pantera 580 EFI?

Thanks
MrJ

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
If I remember right with mine it takes 3or 4 fill ups before I add a quart..

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
The mix should still be around 50:1.
Fill both gas and oil tanks then run sled for at least 100KM.
Fill gas and record number of liters, fill oil and measure what is left in the 1 liter bottle, subtract that from the 1 liter and you have oil usage. Divide gas used in liters by oil used in liters and you have your ratio.

Eg - in 100Km you use 20 liters of fuel. fill the oil tank and you have 600 ml left in the bottle so you used 400 ml of oil in the 100Km run.
20L/0.4L = 50 therefore you are running 50:1

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know sometimes the simple answer is the hardest to think of. We seem to overthink the simple things. Great answer divide the gasoline used in a by the oil consumed. DUH! back to the cave for me. Well the snow has left the East coast of NL, Canada for this year I think so I'll have to keep a string tied around the throttle to remind myself.

Thanks
MrJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts