Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all this is my first post in this forum, i recently aquired a 2006 DVX400 this summer, and was wondering is the trans oil shared with the engine? or seperate oil system?

the quad is a hoot to ride, and i wanna keep it as long as possible,

also what mods can i do to increse performance??

is it true the engine has 35hp??

thanks all\

Chris

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
welcome call There is all kinds of knowledge on this site! Yes the transmission oil is shared with the case oil. With mods these Quads can get over 35HP, Stage 2 hot cams, Edelbrock Carb and Yosh exhaust will give you around 36-37 HP. Check out my profile, I have a list of things that I have done to mine, I have over 20 grand put into my DVX, its easy to do, I also have a bunch of stuff forsale at the bottom of my page if your interested, I would make it more stable and widen it before you you go faster with it. But it is a very reliable machine and you will love it, Lakia_DVX has alot of knowledge on these machines too. So welcome again and feel free to ask questions everyone is very helpful!

·
Registered
713 Posts
awesome! congrats on getting a great machine!!! You can easily get over 35 hp. After you start modding the heck out of it, a edelbrock carb is the way to go. Makes it so much easier to tune rather than your normal carb. You won't see a big difference until you go big bore and start doing motor work. Just remember when looking at hot cams it is a DOHC.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pics after christmas some time. It's a little hectic now.
Also I am no stanger to small engines don't laugh but I have a scoot that does 67.3mph
I am looking at making this quad fun and fast but reliable. So minor bolt ons like exhaust and cdi. Better filter or opening up the box nice cams. And whatever else I cans fo fo cheap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts