Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
That is why its called a range, however my manual states after an oil change the quad should be started and allowed to idle for a few minutes and checked after one minute. Do not fill above the upper mark.

My Honda manual has pretty much the same procedure.

·
Registered
48 Posts
One thing for sure wait a little after you have stopped the engine or your reading will be low(so you will overfill). On mine checking cold or hot does not make a huge difference(as ong as you wait a little)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I check my AC warm and you don't screw the dipstick all the way in. You just rest it against the opening then check your level.
Arctic Cat recommends checking the oil warm my guess to this is because then all of the parts will be coated with oil and the level by the pick up would be more accurate to engine running condition? You shouldn't check it right after shutting the engine off but a min or two later so some of the oil drains back.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I check my AC warm and you don't screw the dipstick all the way in. You just rest it against the opening then check your level.
Arctic Cat recommends checking the oil warm my guess to this is because then all of the parts will be coated with oil and the level by the pick up would be more accurate to engine running condition? You shouldn't check it right after shutting the engine off but a min or two later so some of the oil drains back.

He has a 2004 650V2 and he does want to thread the dipstick all the way in to check to oil.

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,019 Posts
Yeah, it varies from machine to machine. ( threaded or not threaded, warm or cold)
The owner manual is the best place to get your info from.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Seems the Suzuki's are not screwed in and the H1's are screwed in, to check dipstick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts