Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the pinned thread above about turning down your oil pump setting. To all those who have tried it: Did you notice a difference? If so, can you measure how much, and would you do it again? I am considering the mod but would like to learn from others mistakes/success'. I know it's kinda cheatin...thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Its certainly not cheating, typically one turn on the pump= 8:1 change. First you have to find what the current ratio is, then adjust and target somewhere between 50-60:1. Keep in mind changing oils may change the ratio as some oils flow better then others.

·
Registered
370 Posts
How do you go about checking your ratio. I would like to know what ratio mine is set at. :sledder:

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoman820 @ Jan 12 2007, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How do you go about checking your ratio. I would like to know what ratio mine is set at. :sledder:[/b]
Fill your oil ressy and put a temporary mark on the bottle with a crayon or something non-permanent. Fill your gas tank as well. Now, go for a ride. When you fill up with fuel again, precisely document how much fuel you add to your tank and write it down. Then, carefully measure in ounces how much oil you add to your oil ressy until it gets back up to the line you marked with your crayon, etc. Then write that number down.

Here is where the math is involved. 1 gallon of gas = 128oz. So, with that said, just multiple 128 by the numbers of gallons of gas you put in your fuel tank and then divide it buy how many ounces of oil you put in your ressy.

For Example:
128 oz.(per gallon of gasoline) X 6 gallons of fuel added at your fill up / 13 oz. of Klotz you added to your ressy = 59.07. So, your ratio would be 59:1

Nick

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. :super_happy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts