Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT IS UP A/C, WILL NOT WARRANTY MY 06 M7. THE REASON GIVEN THEY DON’T FIND 13 TO 1 TO BE TOO MUCH OIL. JUST MY 2 CENTS. A/C IS GOING TO HAVE MAJOR TROUBLES IF THEY CAN’T GET THEIR PROBLEMS SOLVED BEFORE THE PRODUCT HITS THE MARKET. IF A PROBLEM DOES COME ABOUT A/C IS NOT WILLING TO HELP. MAYBE NEXT TIME I WILL SNOW CHECK WILL BE A DOO. THE 800X US LOOKING PRETTY GOOD ABOUT RIGHT KNOW.
CURRENTLY I HAVE 1 GAL. OF OIL FOR 120 MILES. AND THE SLED GET 9 MILE PER GALLON
IF I ADJUST THE LINKAGE ONE TURN WHAT IS THE RESULTING RATIO?

·
Administrator
2,580 Posts
Stop Shouting, before you get an 800 doo head over to doo talk. they are blowing cranks, catching on fire, and no one has figured out how to clutch them yet... Its not cats fault its your dealers. There is an oil consumption test that the dealer is supposed to do, if the sled is out of spec the pump gets replaced. no need to call the factory and ask what to do.

Krom

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Have you checked the alignment of the index marks on your oil pump arm? If the idle and WOT marks line up and you're still over oiling, then it should be reasonable to think the pump is the problem. Has it been like this from day one? The dealer you bought from should be happy to look into it and adjust, or replace, as required.

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Krom @ Jan 14 2007, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Stop Shouting, before you get an 800 doo head over to doo talk. they are blowing cranks, catching on fire, and no one has figured out how to clutch them yet... Its not cats fault its your dealers. There is an oil consumption test that the dealer is supposed to do, if the sled is out of spec the pump gets replaced. no need to call the factory and ask what to do.

Krom[/b]
Exacxtly Krom :thumbsup:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Why would you call the manifacturer for a warrenty/service issue? I do not know what planet you are from but here on Earth we take our vehicles to the dealer for warrenty/service issues not the manifacturer.

If your trasmission goes on your truck and it is still covered under warrenty are you going to call the manifacturer? NOPE! Are you going to take it to the manifacturer? NOPE! You take it to your dealer. Stop being a wee todd and take it to your dealer to have them check it out.

If you paid for dealer prep then it should be covered but if the dealer prep was not part of the package then you gotta pay for it.

BTW do you have any other issues? i.e. backfiring, plugs fouling, APV's sticking, etc.? because these issues go hand in hand with a rich oil consuption.

·
Registered
464 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NOIWILLNOTGROWUP @ Jan 12 2007, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
WHAT IS UP A/C, WILL NOT WARRANTY MY 06 M7. THE REASON GIVEN THEY DON’T FIND 13 TO 1 TO BE TOO MUCH OIL. JUST MY 2 CENTS. A/C IS GOING TO HAVE MAJOR TROUBLES IF THEY CAN’T GET THEIR PROBLEMS SOLVED BEFORE THE PRODUCT HITS THE MARKET. IF A PROBLEM DOES COME ABOUT A/C IS NOT WILLING TO HELP. MAYBE NEXT TIME I WILL SNOW CHECK WILL BE A DOO. THE 800X US LOOKING PRETTY GOOD ABOUT RIGHT KNOW.
CURRENTLY I HAVE 1 GAL. OF OIL FOR 120 MILES. AND THE SLED GET 9 MILE PER GALLON
IF I ADJUST THE LINKAGE ONE TURN WHAT IS THE RESULTING RATIO?[/b]
Didn't the "product" get released like 4 years ago (M7)?

WTF are you talking about? If you knew anything about the sled, you'd know the oil consumption is adjustable. I'm surprised they didn't tell you that. Did you even ask a dealer?

·
Registered
524 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
WTF are you talking about? If you knew anything about the sled, you'd know the oil consumption is adjustable. I'm surprised they didn't tell you that. Did you even ask a dealer?[/b]
Or read the owners manual?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok no shouting
The dealer said no warranty because A/C said the oil consumption is ok. Why should I have to adjust my oil pump that is what a warranty is for? . Here is my take on a m7 under powdered, over priced, poor quality control, and made the attack 20. Need I say more.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
So if my Yukon's tire pressure were too low (or too high) I better call GMC ... that's what my warranty is for? Give me a break. Learn how to turn a wrench. I could see if it were set too lean and caused your engine to seize, but c'mon man.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Just goes to show how there are serious discrepencies in dealers. After a long hard look at my crossfire after I took delivery, I noticed CERTAIN things that were done to the sled at the factory (booby trapped...for lack of a better term) so dealers could tell if things were removed or adjusted. I decided to take mine back to the dealer for the adjustment,and they had NO PROBLEM doing it while I waited. 13-1 is an extremely RICH setting, almost to the point of seriously limiting the fun factor of the sled. There's a reason the pump adjustment is located where it is, it's to discourage some owners from attempting to make their own adjustments. I can remember on my 2 smoke yammi's, the oil pump adjustment took 1 minute to do.

·
Registered
116 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NOIWILLNOTGROWUP @ Jan 12 2007, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
IF I ADJUST THE LINKAGE ONE TURN WHAT IS THE RESULTING RATIO?[/b]

That is not an acurate ratio! The sled does not always get 9 miles per gallon. I dont think the stock pump is even capable of that unless the linkage is unhooked. I think your figure is off for one. Secondly, Arctic Cat has been warrentying these pumps if the dealer tests them and it tests to be pumping too much. I shoud know. I am a cat mechanic at a dealer, and I have changed about 5 pumps which were warrenty fixes. No questions asked on any of them.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NOIWILLNOTGROWUP @ Jan 15 2007, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok no shouting
The dealer said no warranty because A/C said the oil consumption is ok. Why should I have to adjust my oil pump that is what a warranty is for? . Here is my take on a m7 under powdered, over priced, poor quality control, and made the attack 20. Need I say more.[/b]
You have a terrible dealer! If they refuse to properly set up your sled, even after you ask them nicely, then I would take it to another dealer, or contact Arctic Cat as a last resort if you can't fix it yourself. This is not a problem with the product, but a problem with the set up and the dealer.

·
Registered
464 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NOIWILLNOTGROWUP @ Jan 15 2007, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok no shouting
The dealer said no warranty because A/C said the oil consumption is ok. Why should I have to adjust my oil pump that is what a warranty is for? . Here is my take on a m7 under powdered, over priced, poor quality control, and made the attack 20. Need I say more.[/b]
You should have bought the M1000.

One other comment, I'm not sure how the M7 could be the benchmark for the mountain sleds (several mountain sled of the year awards) for the last few years if it truely reflected your comments.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NOIWILLNOTGROWUP @ Jan 15 2007, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok no shouting
you are full of sh.it.... no way any sled could run at 13:1 oil rate.. the plugs would foul sooo fast, and the motor wouldn't even ,move the sled..

·
Registered
56 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ODS Dan @ Jan 16 2007, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NOIWILLNOTGROWUP @ Jan 15 2007, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok no shouting
you are full of sh.it.... no way any sled could run at 13:1 oil rate.. the plugs would foul sooo fast, and the motor wouldn't even ,move the sled..
[/b][/quote]

Careful there, big guy!! Talk like that will get you a vacation!! :stop_nono:
J/K, Dan!!.........never seen you get worked up like that, tho! I dunno

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have to agree with Dan on this one, if anyone is running at 13:1 there would be other, more serious issues too. APV's gumming up, spark plugs fouling, oil in the pipe, backfiring, bogging etc, why did he not complaint about this stuff?

How can a sled run on 13:1? I would think that the oil would flood the cylinders not allowing a spark period.

I think he did not do his math properly. Maybe the oil tank has a leak? Maybe it was not full when you started but a two strock is not designed to run 13:1.....

·
Registered
942 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MELROSEMAFIA @ Jan 15 2007, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just goes to show how there are serious discrepencies in dealers. After a long hard look at my crossfire after I took delivery, I noticed CERTAIN things that were done to the sled at the factory (booby trapped...for lack of a better term) so dealers could tell if things were removed or adjusted. I decided to take mine back to the dealer for the adjustment,and they had NO PROBLEM doing it while I waited. 13-1 is an extremely RICH setting, almost to the point of seriously limiting the fun factor of the sled. There's a reason the pump adjustment is located where it is, it's to discourage some owners from attempting to make their own adjustments. I can remember on my 2 smoke yammi's, the oil pump adjustment took 1 minute to do.[/b]

I agree... if I pay any amount of money for a sled I expect the dealer to take care of what should be a common dealer prep item. PERIOD! I would complain as well and did. Maybe everyone will not agree. My EB XF700 smoked and went through oil as fast as the gas. I brought my sled to the dealer where I purchased it and asked them to inspect it under warranty. He brought it in the shop asap and adjusted it to the factory setting. We topped off the oil (which I paid for) and then I took it for a 150 mile ride. The oil was empty as well as the gas. The dealer ordered and replaced the oil pump under warranty. ENOUGH SAID!

IF you have a valid complaint, I would expect the dealer to address the issue. Especially if your a new owner. I have adjusted belts that were sqealing because the clutches needed adjustment within the first 100 miles as a courtesy. (As long as it is not a burnt belt.) Many newbies have to start somewhere and if they purchase a sled and are not taken care of (within reason), it is poor advertising for the dealership. It's just common sense.

·
Registered
942 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IndianRvrShiver @ Jan 19 2007, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ODS Dan @ Jan 16 2007, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NOIWILLNOTGROWUP @ Jan 15 2007, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok no shouting
[/b][/quote]

Careful there, big guy!! Talk like that will get you a vacation!! :stop_nono:
J/K, Dan!!.........never seen you get worked up like that, tho! I dunno
[/b][/quote]

WOW!!!!

ODS Dan... your going out on thin ice without knowing the full story IMHO. I have never seen such a strong post from you as well. Do you know something we don't? I dunno

I complained about my oil pump and had the issue addressed by a local dealer under warranty as explained above.

As far as the power, price, and the attack 20 ...

YOU should never of made a purchase if you didn't research your purchase and make an educated decision based on your specific needs.
DEALERS, MANUFACTURERS, are not responsible for our whims after a purchase!

As the saying goes... there is two sides to every coin...

I'm glad I will be able to ride soon. Then I'll have my own problems! :tongue_nana:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts