Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys had to change the oil pump on my 02 zl 800 since this is my first time doing this does this look like its set right and I was thinking of mixing my first tank of fuel with oil in case it doesn't prime right away is 50:1 fine anything else i should do?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Thats the idle low setting. Duct tape the throttle to wide open not running of coarse then see if that top mark lines up

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Is this close enough or should I ajust that little bit View attachment 366306
Thats probly good enough if your going to run oil in the first tank usually go about 100:1. Bleed out with that screw put a rag underneath makes a mess. Fill the oil tank about 3/4 full and put a piece of tape at the level with a mark. Fill your gas all the way up go for a ride at least 35 mi the more the better 50 mi plus the way you ride. Get an old or cheap plastic measuring cup and get the exact (not about looking at the side of your oil bottle) amount it takes to get back to the line in ounces. Top your gas tank back off noted how much and change into ounces.

Divide the two to get the ratio. Hope for 50:1 might be a little less because its hard to ride an 800 in the upper ranges. Even if you can only turning 7000-7300 rpm. If starts getting like 65:1 to 70:1 adjust it to the line or tweak the bracket to get there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts