Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have always taken my sled to the dealer to adjust the oil pump. Could someone take a couple of pictures and a little "How To" for the oil pump adjustment for my F8. I think it is pretty rich and bogs hard off the line. Had anyone really adjusted theirs?

thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just took my pipe and muffler off. It would be easier if you also took your y-pipe off. Look down between the throttle bodies up near the case. You will see the oil metering rod. It has two plastic ends that receive ball fittings(ball and socket joint). I used a screwdriver to push the fitting off the ball on the top, and did the same on the bottom one, which I accessed from the muffler side. You then loosen the nut on the rod, and lengthen the rod to as many turns as you think it needs to get it where you want it. A rule of thumb is 1 full turn of the rod equals 8:1 leaner. once you adjust the turns, tighten the nut back the way it was, and pop the fittings back over the ball joints. I took a long screwdriver and popped both back on going right between the throttle body boots. Then just re-assemble what you took off (y-pipe,pipe,muffler). One thing that did also help me was that I wedged another screwdriver in from the clutch side, holding the pump mechanism open, so that all of the tension from the spring was off of the pump. This made it alot easier to pop the bottom fitting off. Sorry, no pics to show, but these pointers should be enough to help you do the job easily enough.

·
Registered
25 Posts
is there a mark on the oil pump itself for idle, i have lengthened my linkage 4 turns and did not seem to do anything. does anyone know how many threads or showing on theres or about how much so i can get a rough idea? thanks Doug

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
they are not solid.. a customer has one running 26:1 he looked and the linkage hits another arm and that is the pump activation.. his is sticking open...

I am going to look at one tomorrow to see how it works exactly.. this may be a problem with a few.... hmmmm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts