Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is about my 04 yamaha Kodiak not my cat.I was plowing driveway and the machine stalled abruptly. It was hard to restart. So i came back to garage and noticed oil flowing from belly pan. I quickly checked for the oil plug and it was in there. Any ideas guys. I am expecting the worst.

THank You

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Have you changed your oil lately?? maybe over filled. Was the oil level full?? That would be the best scenario as the others are probably not good such as a seal leaking on the motor.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
After starting the machine, did it make any unusual noises? Does the machine have an oil cooler? Could you see where the source of the oil was? Going to need more info to help you out.

·
Registered
300 Posts
If it is air cooled with an oil cooler then it is prolly the lines going to the oil cooler

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (650boy @ Jan 30 2007, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
did you tighten the oil filter hard enough?[/b]
That was my original thought as well, had them leak on the a truck before.

CrashinIt you should be able to find the source of the oil leak and then we can go from there, but now we are just shooting in the dark.

I wonder if these ATV's have a low oil shut off point on them like some of the smaller honda multi-use motors?? hopefully you didn't run it out of oil as then you could be looking at problems.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the reply guys
and yes you are right i didn't really give you any info, must have been to paniced...................... I will snap some pics and post thiem this weekend. Thanks for the help gentlemen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.