Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Use some brake cleaner to find out where its for sure coming from. I belive the bolts are torque to yield, so torking them down some more probably wont help. Ill check in my serice cds tomarrow.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mine did the same thing I pulled the head and resiliconed it. I used The Right Stuff Permatex it seems to be the best Gasket Makers I used so far.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the same issue. I don't think mine is not that bad. I am trying to figure out if the top bolts on the cover are to come off. I am on the tech disgustion of this forum.

stihl

·
Registered
60 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (breye @ Mar 28 2007, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The two tappet covers plus 12 cap screws has to come off.[/b]
I think to remove the valve cover , I think the bolts are;#14,2-#10, #11 and4-#5. I could be wrong. When I went to the dealer , he told me it was the valve cover or the cap was leaking. For conformation can somebody let me know.

stihl

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
It looks to be just coming out from under the valve cover, nothing major. Just remove the valve cover, clean up the mating surfaces (there doesn't appear to be a gasket according to the parts diagram) and like breye mentioned apply a small amount of gasket maker/silicone and reaseemble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts