Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few day's ago I was searching the net looking for the oil capacity for my 2008 Arctic Cat 650 H1 TRV and thinking to myself the oil capacity's hardly changed from year to year. I had found a post someone said their AC 650 oil capacity was 3.5 qts. At first I said I'll go with that.

I was wrong on that figure for my year model, in reality my year model only holds 2.6 qts, so I'm glad I didn't go with that and over fill my bike. In my case I did not get a owners manual with my used bike purchase to know for sure the true capacity. I found this chart that might help others that are in the same situation I was with no owners manual.

The file is a downloadable pdf and the years range from 1996-2016 of different models. Hope this helps someone else. :grin

Tony

Attachments

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
Thanks for that ! Good info.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that ! Good info.
Your welcome,like I said I hope it helps someone else wanting to know,because I come close to screwing up an adding to much oil.

Tony

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes the transmission oil capacity on the automatics has stayed relatively the same @ 2.6 litres, from 400cc and up, Mainly because the transmissions are basically identical is most areas... While the older manual gear boxes held about 4 liter's with a filter... It is a shame that Arctic Cat/ Textron, only sell a 4 liter jug... originally designed for the manual transmissions.... requiring you to purchase an extra liter or two, if you are changing oil in two atv's.... we had 5 atv's at one point, very expensive to change them all...This has been a sore spot for me with three cat's in the lair, perhaps they could offer a 3 liter jug/filter, for single changes and a lil top up left for later... or just market a 5.5 liter jug/2 filters to cover two automatic changes... The basic automotive principal applies.... average car oil change 5 liters...so they sell 4.5 liter jugs... your forced buy that extra liter... Chaching chaching.... increase profits... :(

I am quite adamant about using Cat's synthetic in my atv's never ever!! had an engine problem, and doing oil changes faithfully at the 1000km... with high km's on these atv's, 11'000, and 15'000 on a manual.... I think I may be an entitled shareholder in an oil company somewhere.. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
haha i grumble about that every time i do a change on my truck.. Iv been using rotella since my warranty was over and have the same KM on my machine as you. Going out today to do this seasons change...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
zrock
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing