Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i adjusted my oil pump yesterday 2 turns, it's just shy of 50-1 man what a difference no more low end bog and it doesn't smoke like a pig all the time. thanks to everyone that has done this before me and posted about it. :super_happy:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had just over 300 on it before i adjusted it, i wanted to wait until 500 miles but it was just sick how much oil and how many plugs i was going through. i tell you it really woke the 600 up. woot

·
Read Only
0 Posts
i dont own a crossfire, but i am looking into one and thats why i am here, but my local dealer always sets up the sleds that they sell so you can basicually go buy it and from there you can take it up north and beat on it. I will also like to say i love how people say they have a break in period on the sled. my dealer says dont even worry about, and we havnt. I took my sabercat up north the weekend after we bought it, and i rode it around the yard like it did with every other sled. no premix or anything, the sled is still working today the same as i got it and now the new owner says its a dream. Sorry this really has nothing to do with this execpt this. sleds that we buy are all set up to ride from the dealer and my dad has never had to touch the sleds. So basicaully what i am saying is, it depends on where you buy it from

·
Registered
514 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ACBOY09 @ Jan 21 2007, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i dont own a crossfire, but i am looking into one and thats why i am here, but my local dealer always sets up the sleds that they sell so you can basicually go buy it and from there you can take it up north and beat on it. I will also like to say i love how people say they have a break in period on the sled. my dealer says dont even worry about, and we havnt. I took my sabercat up north the weekend after we bought it, and i rode it around the yard like it did with every other sled. no premix or anything, the sled is still working today the same as i got it and now the new owner says its a dream. Sorry this really has nothing to do with this execpt this. sleds that we buy are all set up to ride from the dealer and my dad has never had to touch the sleds. So basicaully what i am saying is, it depends on where you buy it from[/b]
UMMMM, there is deffently a break in period, oil mix in the tank for the first full tank of gas, and if you have the kevlar belt that takes 100 miles to break in PROPERLY. And after 500 miles the DD will loosen up and become more free giving better top end. Yes you can go out and piss pound your brand new sled with out following the break in and maybe you have no problems, BUT WHY??? To pay 6-10,000 for a snowmobile and not care to break it in or follow the advise of your manufactor is IMO DDUUMMBB. Ok so you have to take it easy for 100 miles or so but I would rather do that then look at my sled in a shop gettin fix or pull out 80-100 for a new belt that wasnt broke in properly. Sorry to rag on your post but a NEW sled is a big investment for most people and should be cared for properly. JM2CENTS!!! :beer_cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts