Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer said not to adjust it but to leave it rich. I asked y and he said it's better to run rich than lean. and 50% of the time when i start it backfires. Should i do it anyway? will it void the warranty?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Figure out what your ratio is and make the applicable changes. I believe with each turn of the rod it gives you 8:1; you lengthen the rod in full turns, can't make a half turn. I have turned mine out 4 turns so far. I'm going to measure my ration this week as I just turned it out 2 more turns today.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You should use one quart of oil for every 12 gallons of gas (that is very close to 50:1)

1 qt to 10 gallons is 40:1

I have gone 3 turns from stock, it ran nite and day different from stock.

·
Registered
203 Posts
On my 600 CF, I turned mine back 2 turns and just measured my ratio this weekend.... now 48:1

I'm stickin with that, It has woken the sled up... last season I could barely break 94 mph, this year i hit 101.6mph..... Not to bad for a 600 136"

now I just have to get rid of that low end bog, any suggestions?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would think the only way to get rid of the low end bog would be to use a Boondocker or Injector Perfector. I just put a boondocker on not too long ago and am getting ready to start adjusting it. Waiting to get my EGT gauge.

·
Registered
103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BlewByU @ Jan 30 2007, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would think the only way to get rid of the low end bog would be to use a Boondocker or Injector Perfector. I just put a boondocker on not too long ago and am getting ready to start adjusting it. Waiting to get my EGT gauge.[/b]
IP will do nothing for a low end bog, only leans out at wfo. Need a BMP fuel pressure regulator or BD box.

·
Registered
428 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (white noise @ Jan 29 2007, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
how do you find out your oil ratio?[/b]
There are 128 oz in a gallon, so multiply the gallons of gas you use by 128, then divide that by the ounces of oil you used. For example, if you used 6.8 gallons of gas and 26 ounces of oil, you would have 870.4 ounces of gas divided by 26, for a ratio of 33 to 1.

·
Registered
57 Posts
By adjusting your oil pump you should see a performance gain but will not stop the backfiring. The feul is just too rich at idle. At least on my sled it is. After a 10-15 second idle pulled the pipe off and checked the piston wash and could see fuel actually running down the cylinder walls. Running the sled seems fine everywhere other at than idle.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Over the weekend I actually went two morn turns from where I was, I am at 5 turns leaner than stock.

I am now on par with Bkuku2's 07 800CF about 50:1.

My sled was so rich at 3 turns leaner I couldnt get any plug or wash readings to check jetting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts