Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering how hard it would be to take a motor from a newer F1000 or xfire 1000 and stick it in a firecat and make it work? has anyone done anything like this??

·
Registered
302 Posts
totally different frames, probably impossible. MAYBE xfire but idk, i doubt that even.

·
Registered
302 Posts
if your that motivated then kudos, but i wouldnt bother

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not like im gonna do it, just one of those questions that popped into my head a bit ago and thought id see what other people thought

·
Registered
165 Posts
Personally i think it would be better to get a 800 h.o. out of a crossfire r. that would be your best bet to fit, and they make just as much power.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jayson_waltz @ Nov 18 2009, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Personally i think it would be better to get a 800 h.o. out of a crossfire r. that would be your best bet to fit, and they make just as much power.[/b]

that would be a bad ass motor in a firecat!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
D&D makes a conversion kit for this exact swap. It is only for the 03 and 04 chassis with the chain case. It costs 579.00.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikeszr800 @ Nov 18 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
D&D makes a conversion kit for this exact swap. It is only for the 03 and 04 chassis with the chain case. It costs 579.00.[/b]

sweet!! thanks!!
ps....how do u like the hand guards on ur sled? i bought some but havent put them on, are they worth it?

·
Registered
216 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (djwustr @ Nov 18 2009, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikeszr800 @ Nov 18 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
D&D makes a conversion kit for this exact swap. It is only for the 03 and 04 chassis with the chain case. It costs 579.00.[/b]

sweet!! thanks!!
ps....how do u like the hand guards on ur sled? i bought some but havent put them on, are they worth it?
[/b][/quote]
Yep. As for the handguards, I love them. They block a lot of wind, and I find myself not running my hand warmers as much. Definitely worth putting on. Are you thinking about doing this swap? That would be really sweet. That kit is pretty much just a motor plate, and a new steering rod. Well, that's all it tells in the catalog anyways. If you do it, keep everyone posted. Rockerdude

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikeszr800 @ Nov 18 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (djwustr @ Nov 18 2009, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikeszr800 @ Nov 18 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sweet!! thanks!!
[/b][/quote]
Yep. As for the handguards, I love them. They block a lot of wind, and I find myself not running my hand warmers as much. Definitely worth putting on. Are you thinking about doing this swap? That would be really sweet. That kit is pretty much just a motor plate, and a new steering rod. Well, that's all it tells in the catalog anyways. If you do it, keep everyone posted. Rockerdude
[/b][/quote]

it has crossed my mind to do this, i have a buddy who totalled at xfire r and the motor was about the only thing intact. hes ok so no worries. he dont know if he wants to rebuild or buy a new one. i might try to get the motor from him though. ill keep u posted. ok cool, handguards sounds like it was worth the 28.95 for everything. thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts