Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LMRBatteries.com has them for 108.00$$$ shipped on sale!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well i dropped the hammer and ordered 2 of them today! One is going in my 05 650 that will be plowing this winter,and one in my TCat , then i will put the stock battery from my tcat in my other 05 650 :D The 2 650s are still on the original batterys! If you let them set they need to be charged up and then they will be fine for a while,guess its time after almost 5 years! :chug:

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was just about to order one for $124.00. Now instead of getting one, I just ordered 2, one for each 700. Cat happy

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a cheap replacement for the 680 not the real macoy :lol:Maybe someone should try this and give us some feed back!

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
The Odessy PC 17 Amp hour rated, The Powerstar 680 is 20 Amp hour Rated. Both require the higher Charge rate, so construction may be similar. Cannot beat the price. Initially the Powerstar looks to be the better battery if it is as durable. Don;t get too concerned with the CCA rating of a battery. Sure the PC680 says 680 CCA, but your battery cables and starter would fry long before 680 amps were delivered. The amount of Amperage the starter draws is determined by the starter and wiring, Not the battery, as long as the battery has enough CCA to crank over the engine good without dimming the lights too bad or getting a Volt warning on the LCD its enough.

Any one have a clamp on DC amp meter? I'd like to know what the starters actually draw?
I doubt if its over 200 Amps even. The battery cables are not very big.

This one looks pretty good too. Next Battery I need I might try one.
[attachment=138931:419Vxd87...._SS500_.jpg]

Specs Which look very impressive. The Ebay listing says 25 Amp Hour that might be a typo or false???
http://global.ebay.com/YTX24HL-BS_BATTERY_...0332108790/item
Or Here Actual Motobatt site saying it is a 22.5 Amp/hour battery
http://www.motobatt.com/crossreference.pdf

Best Price I've found Here. These batteries have earned a lot of respect in the motorcycle community
http://www.amazon.com/MotoBatt-YTX24HLBS-R...y/dp/B0023SMAQE

Attachments

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure someone will try the 680 clone battery and give us all a review :D If it is what it says it is then it should be a good battery for the money! The reason i went with the odyssey 680 is all the good reviews on here!

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mainerider @ Nov 11 2009, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm sure someone will try the 680 clone battery and give us all a review :D If it is what it says it is then it should be a good battery for the money! The reason i went with the odyssey 680 is all the good reviews on here![/b]
No doubt the PC680 gets great reviews. Largely in part because they handle abuse very well. Deep discharge and improper charging can destroy a battery very easily. Just knowing what can destroy a battery and taking steps not to abuse it can really add to battery life. For instance, many will jump start their ATV from a running automobile. That can dump a charge amperage into the battery at a rate of 8-10 amps or more on a battery that is built to handle a 2 amp maximum charge rate (IE Stock batteries). (Rate depends upon differential voltage and internal battery resistance) Even jumping a discharged ATV battery from a fully charged automobile battery can over charge one at too high a rate and do damage. Most batteries have the maximum charge rate printed on them, it's there for a good reason. I'm not sure what the internal battery resistance is on a discharged nearly dead battery but probably about 1 ohm or less. 14.5 volts into 1 ohm load is a 14.5 amp rate. Be kind to your battery and you'll save lots of money.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well since i started this post i will add this to it! They took my order for 2 680s and said they would email tracking # but never did! I called today and the said they are out of them! Guy says they will be in and shipped on the 23-24 of this month! Told them i would still take them but do not bill credit card till they are shipped :angry: Told them they should make people aware of this on the web site!

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
Just rec. an email response from them after sending them one on the 12th requesting a tracking number, or estimated shipping date. In the email, they provided me with a FedEx tracking number, it was shipped out on the 11th and will be here in PA on Nov.14th according to the FedEx info.....They also charged me $108.00 for each battery.

mainerider,

CHECK YOUR PM'S.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts