Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
239 Posts
Does this fit all Cats? I have an '03 500 Auto and need a new battery.

I've been off it for a little while and when I really needed it the other day, the battery was dead. It won't hold a charge.

I'll measure it if I have to, but it's hard for me to get around right now. If someone already knows the answer, it would be most helpful.

Thanks!

Best regards,
DiskDoctr

· Registered
239 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (modn @ Mar 8 2007, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think the '03's were identical to the '04's, right?? I just received mine last night. Is that bad boy a lot heavier than the OEM....it sure feels like it. It's going in tonight.[/b]
The '04s had a shorter seat than the '03s. I don't know how this translated into "under the seat" items.

I knew my battery was getting old (about 4 yrs), and didn't have it on charge- the boat batteries took priority :) so I'm not surprised.

But, I am a big believer in getting the largest, most powerful battery that will fit in the space and that is a reasonable cost. I've upgraded a lot of older lawn tractors to small car batteries instead of tractor batteries, and never regretted it. Same with the heavy equipment batteries- the biggest capacity makes for easier starts and less strain on the batteries.

How much taller is the battery? My original has a thin spacer between the battery holder that goes on top of the battery and the battery. I think it is about 1/4" maybe ?

If nobody can tell me by Friday, I have a few guys coming over and they can get me to the garage to check it out.

Best regards,
-DiskDoctr

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.