Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldnt wait. I ordered a PC680 Odyssey battery, as it fits my measurements. I finally hooked up my Baja Off Road Lights, and wanted a better battery. Does anyone use these, and are they better than stock?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yup, in total agreement there, far superior to any stock unit. I suggest doing the "Sanny Mod" though :D , I'm in the process of it now, and it'll make things a LOT easier when adding new accessories.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
So where is the best place to buy one. I have been dealing with my wheeler stalling when I put the winch to hard use. Or is that just a problem with the aftermarket CDI's?? I have drawn it down to the point where there was no power, so I guess it is time anyways.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got mine new in the box from Ebay for 70 dollars, +20 dollars shipping (90 total)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is the "Sanny Mod"? I dunno

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
It's a power distribution system which allows you to power all of your accessories (pod light, backup light, hand warmers, etc...) using ignition controlled power. It also allows you to independantly fuse them. Quite simple to do really. Haven't heard of it being called the "Sanny mod" yet though. :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
I got mine at the same place Sanny linked above and it is amazing. It cranks like crazy (although my machine starts quick) and it has a decent "reserve" also. I have two winches, a back up light and two 55 watt halogens on the front and no problems at all. I have had the 55 watters on while running the winch and no die out so I can't think of what more power usage you would need that the battery could not keep up with. Well worth the price!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Cool, Todd's got a mod named after him. Congrats buddy! With all the accessories I'm ending up with, I may go the route of a new battery.
JD

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I'll tell ya JD, you won't be sorry if you do get the Odyssey. I winched my snowmobile out of the backyard through 2' of snow...sideways for a while. My H1 was parked and the winch was doing all of the work. It really worked that winch, which in turn really worked the battery, and that lasted 1-2 minutes until I was done. For kicks, I turned the quad off and tried restarting it to see where I stood on battery power after all of that work with it...popped right off. It's a great battery, and NO MAINTENANCE! I love that.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sanny, do you have any pics of the Power Distribution mod?

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Well, sort of. In this picture you'll see the power strip and the fused accessory leads coming off it it. What you don't see is the relay, which I put in the battery box. All you do is run an ignition controlled power lead (say off of the accessory plug in the front of the quad or tap into the keyswitch lead), run that back and tie it into a basic auto relay (found at any auto part store for $5-7). Run power from your battery to the relay, as well as a ground to the relay. Then, you take the outputs from the relay and run them to the power strip (which is shown in the picture). From there, you run your accessory lines off of that and fuse them accordingly.

The picture isn't the sexiest you'll find (I've since put plastic conduit over the gang of wires running along the frame. The yellow one is the switched power lead. The green wire on the upper left corner isn't related to that...that's for my portable tach when I'm tuning things on the bike. I just ran it there to keep it handy. The two relays are for my winches. It's awfully "busy" under the seat, but it keeps all that crap high and dry (for the most part). I did that on my V2 and nothing ever shorted out. Come spring, I'll be doping up that terminal strip with silicon to protect it better. The relay usually needs to be changed every year or so due to the bouncing and such it takes (which it's really not designed for), but it works. It's worthwhile to keep one as a spare if you rely on this system heavily.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Yup, that's it. In fact I am the last one on his buyer list. Just bought it last night.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Does this fit all Cats? I have an '03 500 Auto and need a new battery.

I've been off it for a little while and when I really needed it the other day, the battery was dead. It won't hold a charge.

I'll measure it if I have to, but it's hard for me to get around right now. If someone already knows the answer, it would be most helpful.

Thanks!

Best regards,
DiskDoctr

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I don't know what the battery compartment looks like on your quad, but the Odyssey is a tad taller, a little longer, and a little thinner than stock.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanny651 @ Mar 8 2007, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't know what the battery compartment looks like on your quad, but the Odyssey is a tad taller, a little longer, and a little thinner than stock.[/b]

I think the '03's were identical to the '04's, right?? I just received mine last night. Is that bad boy a lot heavier than the OEM....it sure feels like it. It's going in tonight.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts