1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Administrator
20,056 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cathog @ Feb 17 2007, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ACBOY09 @ Feb 17 2007, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

after reading that post on hcs all i can say is ha ha. what a joke, gaining mph with less octane. maybe micheal waltrip should have tried that?
[/b][/quote]
it IS possible depending on how they've programmed them, less octane burns quicker, quicker burn makes more h.power, more h.power makes more top speed

now I just got off the phone with the dealer, he said as of now, they've not YET recieved anything, but in the past, I found more stuff was coming via the internet before they had a clue, like the pics of the Z1 Jag for instance,, when I told them about it, they couldn't get out of way to let me on the computer quick enough, so let's see what becomes of this, shall we?

·
Registered
121 Posts
With his compression and cylinder charge density, Waltrip's motor wouldn't last with lower octane. Octane is only the measure of a fuel's resistance to detonation.

·
Registered
41 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pmk @ Feb 17 2007, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
With his compression and cylinder charge density, Waltrip's motor wouldn't last with lower octane. Octane is only the measure of a fuel's resistance to detonation.[/b]
yes your right, i thought it would be funny mentioning waltrip.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The owners manual says to run 87 octane, the sleds are set up to run 87, dont understand why everyone thinks they should be running anything higher???????? I have the Y pipe, Bulleyes etc and have only run 87 through mine with many, many top end long runs (half mile or more), no problems yet, 122mph top end.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bet if people read the manuals they wouldnt have all of these problems and be bitching at Cat. Go take a look at HCS its horrible with all the complaints. but what do i always say, never buy the first year sled. It is as simple as that. NOW OVER ON HCS IT IS ECU PROBLEMS !! go help the guy out !!!

·
Administrator
20,056 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ACBOY09 @ Feb 17 2007, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I bet if people read the manuals they wouldnt have all of these problems and be bitching at Cat.

NOW OVER ON HCS IT IS ECU PROBLEMS !! go help the guy out !!![/b]
ya' think?

every day a new problem will arise because someone will not understand,, ahh, never mind,,

·
Registered
144 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ACBOY09 @ Feb 17 2007, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I bet if people read the manuals they wouldnt have all of these problems and be bitching at Cat. Go take a look at HCS its horrible with all the complaints. but what do i always say, never buy the first year sled. It is as simple as that. NOW OVER ON HCS IT IS ECU PROBLEMS !! go help the guy out !!![/b]
I always buy first year sleds, :bleedgreen the only one I had problems with was my 03 F7. Any of the problems that were ever brought up, I had them. It did suck to take the sled back to the dealer a few times that year, but everything they fixed has never been a problem again. I still own the sled with 6000 miles on it and never a problem after the first 800 miles. Knock on wood my new F1000SP has run perfect and has been the best sled I've owned. thumbguy

·
Registered
103 Posts
4-strokes run better with 93
2 strokes need to burn the fuel faster which makes more hp lower 87 is better
My jet ski (Kaw) says in the OM do not run premium only 87,maybe cat needs to do that too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Manual says 87 and that's all I've ever run. My top is usually 86 - 88 mph. Hit 92 once...don't know exactly why, same lake, same day, same wind as all those 88's.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (from the ZL Zone @ Feb 18 2007, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Manual says 87 and that's all I've ever run. My top is usually 86 - 88 mph. Hit 92 once...don't know exactly why, same lake, same day, same wind as all those 88's.[/b]
ha ha ha the xfire 500 does that on any given day !! :tongue_nana: better get that thing looked at

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ok you guys with two 1000's to test 'n tune with:

1. Stock 87 (or 93) vs. stock 87 (or 93)

2. Stock 87 vs. stock 93

3. Stock 87 vs. y-pipe/airbox mod 93

4. Stock 87 vs. y-pipe/airbox mod 87 (for the adventuresome?!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts