Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any sign of snow in the North Bay area or a little higher? Just looking for an update. Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just got back from there for the X-Mas hollidays and no snow at all bang your head . Lake Nipissing was all open on X-Mas day but did freeze over the last few days. Probably still not safe though. The only trails open right now are in Dryden, which is at the Manitoba border. We're thinking of going north of Mont Tremblant in Quebec, trails are open there. Yes, we're desperate, but we need to go ridding and the long range forecast doesn't look promising :( . We're probably gonna do the 8-10 hour trip within the next few weeks, need to try out my new toy.
Good luck!!

Steph

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
5 cm in sudbury lol. They're calling for another 10cm tonight. Most of the small lakes are frozen but the bigger ones are open. Gonna be a while longer till there's enough snow to ride though.

·
Registered
361 Posts
all right well we pretty much got 10 now and we are about to get another 5-10 tonight. and theweathernetwork.com says we are going to be getting a lot more next week. so i think i should be riding next weekend.

oh sorry forgot, this is all in cm.

10 cm = 4 inches

·
Registered
134 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (eric_b_55 @ Jan 10 2007, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
all right well we pretty much got 10 now and we are about to get another 5-10 tonight. and theweathernetwork.com says we are going to be getting a lot more next week. so i think i should be riding next weekend.

oh sorry forgot, this is all in cm.

10 cm = 4 inches[/b]
Hey Eric,

How's it going?? Got the sled all ready to go naughty ? I'm glad to see snow is finally arriving Cat happy . I'm actually going sledding tomorrow for my first ride in Haliburton Forest (www.haliburtonforest.com) slomo . They have over 1 foot of snow and getting more overnight. It's like a provincial park with their own private groomed trails and they only allow 100 sleds a day. Should be fun, will post pics when I get back :D .
Let me know when things look good up north and we'll hook up for a ride :beer_cheers: .

Later,

Steph

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just got back from the forest don't waste your time maybe 2" on the ground and was warm all day and a little rain if they get some snow it will be ok but when I called they said the main trail were in good shape they were not I would say limited at best!

We only put 100Km on and I should have left last years carbides on for today + we all bent a few studs and broke 1 or 2

Hopefully the weather turns cold soon

Happy riding

·
Registered
361 Posts
we just got rain. it sucks.

i dont ride ofsc trails so i cant really help you guys out that much. i do hear on the radio or by people if the trails are good. so if you want i can tell you when i hear its good?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
A co-worker was up to Nippissing on the weekend. Planned to ice fish but no huts on the lake. A few were taken out Saturday but not the guy he deals with. Maybe next weekend he said.

He also mentioned NO sled tracks out there either. Very cold overnight temps though. Only about 10" of fluffy snow in the bush.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The OFSC trails up here in Timmins opened officialy this weekend, snow is still falling, ice huts, have been on the lake for just over a month lots of ice, lack of snow.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Same here,

Going to Sturgeon Falls in the next few weeks and would also like an update on the trails and snow in the woods :blizzard: :sno: :snow: . So far, I've been ridding in the Collingwood/Blue Mountain area and the conditions are EXCELLENT, plus they got pounded over the weekend and still getting more snow till Wednesday Cat happy grbanman .

Steph

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
did some atving this week-end up in North Bay and there is a **** load of snow. Had to winch my way most of the time with the quad, but you snowmobilers will have a blast!

they got hit with like 40+ a few days ago and they have been getting bursts of more snow ever since.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts