Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys (and gals) i have a 1999 ZL 600 EFI with 3000 miles on it that i just bought and it was full of Sta-bil and didn't have any top end so i put new plugs in and pumped the crappy gas out and put in 91 octane and it still has good low end but cuts out around 6-7 grand it gets worse n worse and sometimes it's fine there is no reason that it does it, it's random. spark? fuel? any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i tried unpluging that and i taped it up and it didn't help any. it was runnin pretty good until i hit a drift a couple times then it ran like crap so i'm thinkin it has to do w/fuel. i pulled the line off and it seems to pump good at an idle. but i was told to lift those pickups in the tank up and clean them so i'm goin to try that after dinner here....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it has nothing to do with fuel the guy from AC said, he agreed. so I'm debating on getting a rewound one, rewinding mine, or getting a new one?? I'm going to drill the holes and put the washers in there as long as i have it apart, if that matters in what you suggest. Thanks again, edsled

·
Registered
46 Posts
Also check your air box and make sure a mouse has not built a nest in there! Happened to my brother in law and it did the same darn thing yours is doing. Older sled, same symptoms. Sure beats pulling the mag. out!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It wasn't a mouse nest i was hopin so but it wasn't that simple! well i got the stator out and it doesn't LOOK bad so i was wondering if you guys could tell me the ohm readings i'm spose to have or if it's too late (had to be tested in the sled) i found a stator for $250 so i'm wondering if i should just put it in and try it?? i know you guys say rewound is no good but i'm selling the sled anyways. Anyone interested????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts