Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Sounds like CDI got fried from something, some one makes a cheap knockoff CDI for Eiger/cat 400s.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No spark on a 2003 Arctic cat 400 4x4. Replaced stator, starter solenoid, and coil. Humming started coming from the CDI box don’t understand what could possibly be wrong???
Replace the voltage regulator/rectifier, I’m sure that’s the problem from experience

·
Registered
6 Posts
No spark on a 2003 Arctic cat 400 4x4. Replaced stator, starter solenoid, and coil. Humming started coming from the CDI box don’t understand what could possibly be wrong???
did you replace the stator flywheel, and if so were the magnets in the flywheel loose.

·
Administrator
39,129 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you try switching the white and yellow wires on the plug-in from the stator harness that comes out of the stator? You sometimes have to do that with some after market flywheels you purchase to get spark. I've replaced my flywheel twice over the years. The first flywheel I just plugged in the stator harness and put it together and it worked. The second flywheel I had to reverse the white and yellow wires to get it to spark. The magnets in the flywheel are reversed in some after market flywheels. And switching those two wires corrects the problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Did you try switching the white and yellow wires on the plug-in from the stator harness that comes out of the stator? You sometimes have to do that with some after market flywheels you purchase to get spark. I've replaced my flywheel twice over the years. The first flywheel I just plugged in the stator harness and put it together and it worked. The second flywheel I had to reverse the white and yellow wires to get it to spark. The magnets in the flywheel are reversed in some after market flywheels. And switching those two wires corrects the problem.
Yes I tried that. Idk what it is. CDI box is still making a high pitch noise.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts